The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22 June 2024, 10:56 PM   #10
Neil McCauley
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyOld Boy View Post
It's not just the Rolex brand that has suffered from insufferable snootiness and snobbish behaviour from Sales people. I think the whole industry for mid-to-high end watches has become an often unpleasant place to shop in. I am genuinely perplexed by anyone with a shred of self respect, who cares less about a "relationship" with an AD and cringes and fawns just to get a mass produced item of no real exclusivity. If I ever buy another luxury watch, I doubt it will be new from an AD ,, [ unless it's one of the more straight-and-narrow brands like Breitling etc etc ].
There is no way I am going to waste my time grovelling to get on some radar of a salesman in a cheap suit, smelling of indifferent aftershave, just so I "might" get a watch.
Of course I appreciate the tales of some folk on here tell a tale that is more positive and watches are got without bending over and selling your innocence, but there is too much snobbery and unpleasantness around and WoS in the UK indeed have staff that are insufferable.
Read back through the responses in this thread, Jonny; nobody is grovelling, cringing or fawning.

Only the people who sound grumpy, miserable, or jaded say that people who have a good experience are doing that.

Too many people have too high of an opinion of themselves, and think they are above going to speak to someone who works in a shop. "Get on some radar of a salesman in a cheap suit, smelling of indifferent aftershave" Is there a reason you hate these salespeople so much? Which one hurt you?

Lastly - you've said you wont be buying from an AD next, and that there is no way you're going waste your time... why bother even letting us know about that? or is it just to make you feel better about it? I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you've not even bought a watch from an AD in the last 10 years and aren't even positioned to have an opinion in this, and you're just on the "embittered AD hating bandwagon".

EDIT: Turns out I'm right... out of all 29 of Jonnys posts, at least 45% of them are moaning about the "process" of buying a Rolex. Blithering on about self respect and whinging about people "pretending to be interested in sales people's lives". Make of that what you will, folks.