The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28 June 2024, 12:18 AM   #1
AussieWatchGuy
"TRF" Member

Rolex Found in an Australian Recycling Plant

This title will sure capture the attention of a few people and all of it is true. To have a bit of a back story, I collect and buy vintage watches across Australia which has the benefits of having people constantly reaching out to sell watches they have found.

In the tale of this Rolex Oyster Ref 4982, I purchased it from the worker of a recycling plant based in Southern Queenland. The plant processes everything that goes into the recycling bins at homes and businesses across a number of council areas. This process is quite extensive in sorting out magnetics and non-magnetic recyclables, unfortunately it is quite common to find watches that end up in the bin.

This is where this Rolex has ended up and was found in the metal recycling bin, unfortunately we will never know its previous history or why it ended up in the bin but most likely it was seen to have little or no value by those that put it there.

In terms of condition, it has remarkably suffered very minimal damage to the case and dial considering all the heavy machinery which it survived in which I am quite thankful for. The movement is in beautifully clean condition but it will need a service nevertheless.

I would love to seek the communities guidance on how to sympathetic restore this piece and ensure I can wear and enjoy it into the future. I will be posting more photos tomorrow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5734.JPG (252.4 KB, 476 views)
AussieWatchGuy is offline   Reply With Quote