The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29 June 2024, 12:40 AM   #1
cephyr
"TRF" Member

Have I been scammed? What should I do?

Recently I purchased, or I thought I purchased, a Rolex Submariner ref. 5513 at a watch dealer named Manhattan Watch Company in NYC. The shop is located at 41 West 47th Street, #7 New York, NY 10036. (I am not disclosing any privacy information in this thread. It’s all public)

I contacted the dealer, Armando Martinez, through email (manhattanwatchcompanysales). I made, or I thought I made, a deal with him and wired him $16000. On 20 June, He said he will prepare invoice and shipping. On 25 June, at my inquiry he said the watch has been sent. I further requested for courier information and tracking number, and he has been irresponsive to me since. He does not reply to my email. So far nor does my receiving address in Hongkong receive the package.

I am in China. I love vintage Rolex but it’s hard for me to get one there. It’s my first try to trade with a US dealer but turns out to get this bad experience. This maybe only a delay in response (so far 3 days) or shipping. However in worse circumstance this can be a fraud in which the dealer does not intend to send the watch to me.

So now my question is what should I do? Is there anyone who know this guy? Is there any local authority I can contact with? I have all communication record and wire record with this dealer. The wire recipient is Manhattan Watch Company INC at Citi bank NYC.

I am confused with what happened. I thought this was an honest trade, and shouldn’t be like this, at a dealer with a fixed shop in downtown Manhattan.

Please advise.
cephyr is offline   Reply With Quote