The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2 July 2024, 06:47 AM   #1
Blue Crown
2024 Pledge Member

Big Surprise Incoming_2024 336938

This past June 20, 2024 (Summer Solstice) I received the text followed by a call from my Miami Design District Rolex AD SA, Estefania. She had the watch I had discussed and requested a month ago with her. The new 2024 Sky Dweller-336938-0005-42mm-18KY-Jubilee-Bright Black Index-Fluted Bezel. Just released, one of the first in the US and definitely the first in Miami. IMO, an incredible addition to my collection. It satisfies the YG / Black Dial / Tool / Dress Watch I wanted.

So, the story goes…….
I have worked with Estefania over the past year getting lucky with two watches. My newbie walk-in last June 20, 2023 (Summer Solstice again- hmmmm) landed my first Sky Dweller_336933-0004 42mm-SS/18KY-Jubilee-Black-Fluted. It has become one of my favorites for day wear. I like the weight on my wrist (yes, a little top heavy), the feel of the jubilee bracelet that works well with that slight adjustability of the Easylink system. I love the bright black dial with the easy read markers, the ring command system, and the GMT function I used traveling last year. The complexity and coolness of this watch just endeared me to the Sky-Dweller line.

I would stop in throughout the year usually wearing that Sky Dweller and if not, always a Rolex. I did this because as a collector, I 'love' Rolex and am always stopping at AD's. I like to connect with my SA, try some novelties on and check the market and supply from her point of view. Last December I was able to purchase a Datejust_126281RBR-0007-36mm-SS/18KE-Jubilee-Bright Black Diamond Set-Diamond Bezel for my wife. It is a stunning piece, and that 36mm size really wears well on her wrist.

So, this year I wanted a dressier PM piece. I prefer YG and have the Submariner-126618LB-41mm-18KY-Blue Dial. It’s a classic tough looking tool watch even in full gold. To me, gold and black or gold and blue are amazing combos. I was contemplating the Day-Date-228238-40mm-18KY-Bright Black Dial Diamond Set as it is an incredible watch and I do not own a Day-Date. But I patiently waited until the Rolex releases at Watches and Wonders 2024 (like we all do every year ). This new 2024 Sky Dweller had it all correct. This was my pick and I put my request in with Estefania. I was surprised at how quickly it came in. I am honored to be able to add this to my collection, and am truly enjoying this one in the evenings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1668.jpg (102.5 KB, 1031 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1447.jpg (111.1 KB, 1029 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1442.jpg (141.9 KB, 1022 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1432.jpg (96.6 KB, 1027 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1464.jpg (152.3 KB, 1031 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1500.jpg (140.4 KB, 1021 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1504.jpg (158.5 KB, 1023 views)