The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3 July 2024, 07:37 AM   #1
NAUI1982
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-Master II
Walk in Purchase? Almost

I’ve been on a waiting list at the AD in NY that shares the ground floor of my office. Used to be the Tourneau store at Madison and 52nd, now it’s a Bucherer/Rolex boutique. I’ve bought several nice pieces from that store, but during the pandemic, my SA left and now manages a jewelry store not affiliated.

In late ‘22, I asked the manager to pls let me know when a 116500LN comes in, white or black dial, I like them both. I’d stop by every month, peak my head in and say hello. He’s say hi, tells me nothing has come in. When the 126500 dropped, I said, still interested, call me.

It’s July 2024, never a single call. I see the dude 6-7 times a year. Gotta believe that my AD/SA is full of shit and tossed my interest card in the trash! Waiting like this is bullshit.

Since I live bi-coastal, I got fed up and went to my local AD in Cali. Wanted to have my 2014 Submariner “Bluesy” serviced. It hasn’t seen an RSC since I bought it (from that Tourneau by the way). I chat up the service folks, the owner of the AD is there, I chat him up and we get into a nice conversation. I tell him of my woes with my current AD, tell him about what watch addiction.

He takes me into his office, we talk for another 40 minutes! He tells me he’s happy to help, can’t offer me anything at the moment, and especially the Daytona. He asks if there is anything else I’d be interested in. Mind you, I think my Rolex collection is pretty sweet already. (I could think of several nice adds I’d like to make, but lets not be greedy) So, Aside from the SS Daytona, I’d like a DJ 41 in Blue or Green on Jub. Or a Sky-Dweller Blue or Green on Jub, or an Explorer II Polar, nice kick around piece that I like but don’t own. Yeah, all hard to get except maybe the Explorer. But I have to start somewhere.

He doesn’t write anything down.

It’s Saturday, I got places to go, so I thank him for the time, leave my Sub behind, and I know I’ll see him again when I come back to pick it up.

My phone rings on Wednesday, it’s the AD. I think my Sub is ready for pickup (wow that was fast). Owner, (Russ), says hey (me), would you like an Explorer II Polar? I didn’t hesitate, of course I would! Russ says come on over, I have it here for you.

Okay, AD is gauging me. First purchase with him, okay by me. Let’s do this!

I’m an Why have I wasted so much time with an AD in NY who hasn’t done jack shit for me, despite my great history with the store.

I have a new AD, and building a new history! And I’ll see him again when my Sub is actually back from service. We will talk more, I’ll tell how much I love the Explorer. And will see what else can come through as well.

Don’t waste your time with empty promises. Work with multiple ADs because they’re not all out to take care of the customer…
NAUI1982 is offline   Reply With Quote