The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 6 July 2024, 09:13 PM   #1
Ferrari-F430
"TRF" Member

Slowing sales, will we get back to the past soon?

It appears that the Rolex market has slowed, at least the grey market, with the economy impacting a lot of people and interest rates through the roof, luxury purchases are not what they used to be.

I'm sure many will argue that Rolex is not impacted because those that are buying them have enough wealth to get them through the economic changes.. true for most of us, but it does and will impact those that jumped in and created the rush if you ask me... most luxury items are seeing a big hit right now.

So with Rolex opening 3 new factories and temporary factories to increase production, will get see a lull in the market in the next year or two? I know we all dream and welcome the day we can walk into a Rolex dealer again and buy our dream watch immediately, but will that make it "not special" because it's not rare anymore and of course every single flipper will be out of the game because they won't be able to make money?

I, for one, will admit that back in the day when you could walk into Rolex and get that dream watch or have it within a month or so, I took it for granted and never rushed to get what I wanted... because I knew it was always there. There's a mentality to wanting something you can't get, and that will be gone... possibly soon?

This is not a "the sky is falling" post, but just a theoretic look at the potential future... what do you think?

I have a long list of wants... but if everything is readily available, is it not as special?
Ferrari-F430 is online now   Reply With Quote