The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7 July 2024, 06:58 PM   #1
majidessa
"TRF" Member

Observations from Barcelona on Rolex availability :)

Hi there,

We just came back from a 1 week trip and I have to say the city is very beautiful and walkable. Also, the weather was really good when we were there which is always a plus.

While I was there, I wanted to check some Rolex Boutiques / ADs to see if they are still hard to get. I decided that I would ask for a specific model that I liked that is not too much hyped, yet it is elgant and a practical piece.

The first AD I visited was Rabat at the famous de Garcia street, to my surprise the store had 2 stainless pieces avilable for sale, a 43mm sea dweller, a deep sea with blcak dial, in addition to 2 full gold pieces, one of which is a lady datejust in full gold. I know, these watches, might not be very much in demand but for me it was a nice surprise and boosted my hopes that I might be able to find the piece I was looking for, the staff there were nice and welcoming, noting that my attire was very casual with a smart watch on hand.

The second boutique I visited was Rolex TOUS, same street, this time the staff there (2 ladies) where not very much interested to talk or show me anything, and told me that only have a gold sub avilable for sale. This visit was a miss and similar to the bad reputation of Rolex ADs, which is a shame, because the staff did not seem professional at all unlike the first store.

Finally, I visited the 3rd boutique, JOIERIA GRAU, the staff there were very welcoming, polite, and professional. I inquired about the model I was interested in, the sale person told me they have one that I can try but it already on hold for another customer, and they are displaying the piece. I tried on the watch, which I really liked. Then we chatted a little about watch collecting, and where i am from and so on. I told him I'm interested in buying the watch, although he said it is sold, because I know that if an AD has a watch in display even if it is for exhibition only, it means that it is avilable for sale. Any how we exchanged our phone numbers on the hope if something becomes avilable, as I would be leaving Barcelona after 3 days. He told me to check again in 2 days before I leave, as he would check again with managers.

Well 2 days later, I sent a text msg hoping that I get an update, my msg did not seem to have reached him, and so I decided to visit the store again with 1% hope.

Once I arrived back to the store, I asked about sales person that I met before but unfortunately he was out for lunch, and I will be assigned to another one, they seated me as the store was full with clients. This time around my hopes dropped to 0% and I thought to my self that I must be wasting my time in Barcelona. Any how the receptionist was a very nice lady, who quickly asked what I would like to drink, and made sure that I am comfortable (again very professional).

A few minutes later, the new sales person came and obolagized for making me wait, I told him what I was looking for and that I visited the store 2 days ago and the little chat I had with other sales person. We talked a little and he told me that the watches they have are display pieces, and in order to sell any piece he needs to get management approval. And so, he picked up his phone and called a few who did not answer (it was lunch time), a few minutes later someone called back and I was able to get this beauty, Explorer I in 40mm

Attachment 1445107Attachment 1445108
majidessa is offline   Reply With Quote