The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10 July 2024, 04:50 AM   #1
RussW
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5990
Nautilus rust issue

Hi all,

I think this topic has come up before, but wondered if anyone had recently had an issue with their Nautilus?

At the end of last year I noticed some discolouration on the bracelet of my Nautilus. My AD sent it off to Rhone for inspection, and they must have thought there was an issue as they then sent it off to Geneva for further inspection.

Unfortunately, the first thing Patek did when they received it was to clean the bracelet, so the service department could not properly inspect the discolouration. Their only feedback was they suspected the watch had been exposed to salt water (which it hadn’t).

Anyway, I haven’t worn it for the last 6 months to check if the discolouration would come back. The watch now has some brown residue on a couple of the links. Has anyone else experienced this, or have any ideas on the cause?

I’ll be taking it back to my AD again, but it would be good to have an idea of what the issue is before I go in.

(Photos to follow - getting an error message at the moment)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RussW is offline   Reply With Quote