The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14 July 2024, 10:35 PM   #1
Powerplay13
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126660 & 136668LB
Deep Sea 136668LB Purchase

This is a LONG post about my newly purchased Deep Sea yellow gold 136668LB.

I have worn my Deep Sea D-Blue 126660 since 2018, and always enjoy it.
Although this watch is supposed to be 212 grams, I honesty never even feel that is heavy in any way.

While enjoying my D-Blue, I also have wanted to get my first yellow gold Rolex for some time now, but was unsure of which one to consider.
Then in April I first saw the announcement of the new Deep Sea yellow gold 136668LB, and I hoped this would be right the yellow gold watch for me, if I could actually get one at a fair price.

I started to see and read posts on this form regarding this new watch, and the opinions were generally unfavorable.
But as I continued to research the watch, I found that ‘it kept singing to me’ as a lot of folks on this forum always say.

I hoped I would be able to get one, so I started the process in early May with our local AD and asked to be placed on the ‘list’, and they said the earliest they might see one would be September/ October, if ever.
Of course, after reading this forum regularly, I knew that they may never offer me one, for whatever reason.

So a couple of days ago, while searching the web for this watch I stumbled upon Nashville Watch Company who had this watch at a great price.
So I contacted Chase who was traveling and he put me in touch with Tim.

Tim said he recently acquired the watch, it was in excellent condition and had very minor wear, similar to what you might get after wearing a gold watch for a day or 2.
It still had plastic on the watch and he believed it to be unworn.
He said the watch comes with a all the original items as new including 6/9/24 warranty card, original box, outer white box, hang tags, extra links, and manuals.

I know folks on this forum wire money all of the time for watches, and I have experience with wire transfers but never for a watch.
Although the reviews I read checked out VERY favorably on Nashville Watch, I was initially uncomfortable sending this kind of money to someone I didn’t know….. for a watch.

But Tim took a great deal of time with me and answered all my questions, in my opinion very honestly and I decided that they were legit, had a good business model, and decided to pull the trigger.

Now this conversation started at around 2:30 PM on Wednesday of this week.
He did originally say that purchases made by 3PM get shipped/ insured by FedEx that same day, promised for next morning 10:30 AM delivery to my local FedEx store for pickup.
At this point it was around 4:30 PM that he received the wired funds but after the 3 PM deadline. He said the watch would still ship that same day.

The package arrived at my FedEx at 9:30 AM the next day, and I went to pick it up but I had a car service appointment that I had to wait for.
So since my wife wanted to see me open the box, I had to stare ay this FedEx box unopened from the time I picked it up to until 3:30 PM when I finally got home.
I didn’t think I had the willpower to wait, but somehow I did.

Finally it was time to open the box.
The Rolex watch box was neatly protected in bubble wrap.
Once opened I found the watch to be very impressive in person, much nicer than any pictures I saw.
I also was surprised that to me at 322 grams and although nearly 50% heavier than my D-Blue, it didn’t feel that much heavier, at least to me.

Then I immediately and carefully looked for the described very minor wear, and I couldn’t find any wear at all. This is obviously in reality a new flawless and unworn watch,
I’m the second owner of a new watch that still has the Rolex bumper to bumper warranty for 4 years- 11 months.

Once on my wrist, I was very pleasantly surprised about the weight which by no means was unbearable or uncomfortable.
My wife also gave it the thumbs up and we went to dinner. Like my other Deep Sea I barely felt it on my wrist all evening.

I corresponded with Tim to tell him how truly happy I was with the watch condition, the whole purchase process, their honesty, etc.
Regarding the watch condition, he said every time they sell a watch they generally go overboard to describe even the most very minor or insignificant wear.
Their reason is they want to ‘undersell condition’ and ‘over deliver’ watch condition and client satisfaction.
They certainly did that.

I would not hesitate to deal with Chase and Tim at Nashville Watch again. They are upstanding, honest and just good guys.
I’m glad I found them, and encourage anyone who is interested in buying to contact Nashville Watch. They are A+++++.

See a few pictures I took. (I hope they get posted successfully)

As stated the watch is extremely impressive and beautiful in person and on my wrist.
It certainly ‘sang to me’ again. I’ll believe I’ll never get tired of this watch.

I hope this review mat be helpful to another forum member who may be on the fence about this watch.

Thanks for reading this long winded post and HAVE A GREAT DAY.https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/njnqy...7hx2911nu&dl=0
Powerplay13 is offline   Reply With Quote