The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16 July 2024, 11:51 PM   #13
turfmanjon
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Looking into potentially pursuing my first RM. I’ve owned many Rolex’s, AP’s, a few PP’s, and others. Currently wearing an AP ROO Taupe as my summer daily, with a 16202 as my nicer piece. I have a Polar for travel/vacation use and a few other pieces as well.

I’d considered an Aqua 5167 or 5168 for a bit, but the premium is quite high and not sure if I’d get bored with them over time. The ROO is really a great daily and very robust for me, and was able to get for MSRP. I’m 6’2” and have a flat 7.5” wrist.

As I’ve been looking into RM options, I really like the 67-01 Ti and 30 Ti, maybe the new 30-01 Ti as well, to replace my ROO as casual daily. The 67-02 and 72 would be later pieces to complement my first.

One thing I’ve noticed is WR is typically 30 or 50m. Is that the true WR, or are RM’s not to be used for swimming? It’s not really a dealbreaker, but I like to just wear my casual watch for all activities, which often includes the pool, lake, vacations, etc and the ROO is great for that at 100m.

I have a contact at the RM boutique in Chicago and plan to visit to discuss my options soon.

Any suggestions as to if this might be a good fit for me, as a summer casual watch replacement to the ROO, or if more delicate in general?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
turfmanjon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
011 , 011-03 , 035 , 035-02 , richard mille