The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18 July 2024, 11:19 AM   #1
TheVision
"TRF" Member

Icon5 Explorer 2..under the radar?

I own the sub right now and on the waitlist for the gmt batman next year for my 50th.

I happened to be in the same city as my AD today and just walked in to chit-chat with my rep and also check out the '24 releases.

Stumbled upon the Exp2 on display and then rep said they had a polar in stock (customer picking up this Friday). So she let me check it out in person..I was not to wear it but just handle it in person.

To be honest, I was surprised how clean and bright the white dial is. The gmt master is basically just like my sub except with a colored bezel and a extra hand. The polar Exp2 on the other hand looks unlike any other Rolex. I have tan hands so the white really stood out....I'm now thinking to change my selection to the Exp2 polar instead. I mean gmt2 master is everyone's dream but I feel the Exp2 might see more usage and the gmt would be a "watch drawer" queen.

I was in Bali and Hawaii some weeks back and wore my Pam gmt and the gmt function is far more practical than a dive bezel. I've never used my sub bezel (even for cooking, I simply use the iphone timer).

I was also super taken back by a white dial DJ41 they had in store. Rolex makes very few white dials but they ones they make are really really pretty.

Rep hinted if I change my selection to the polar Exp2, she can make it in a few months (she got my sub date in only 7 weeks with zero purchase history!).

Funny I don't really see a lot of Exp2 related threads here so I guess the SS bezel and the whole "non-flashy" look make people pass it on?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2024-07-17 180749.jpg (255.4 KB, 594 views)