The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

View Poll Results: Does your 32xx movement seem to be 100% ok?
Yes, no issues 1,045 69.90%
No, amplitude is low (below 200) but timekeeping is still fine 62 4.15%
No, amplitude is low (below 200) and timekeeping is off (>5 s/d) 388 25.95%
Voters: 1495. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21 July 2024, 06:23 AM   #11
Poodlopogus
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedCraig View Post
The hot swap with refurbished Kenissi movements has been confirmed in some threads on TRF as far back as 2019 and 2022. WUS also had some threads. In addition, both the podcast The Grey NATO (one host works for Hodinkee and both hosts know a Tudor employee) and at least one article in Hodinkee have confirmed this. The idea is that service times can be reduced, but I don’t know that in practice that’s the case.

Those old hot swap threads remind me a bit of 32xx threads. People simply would not believe that Tudor would do such a thing. Maybe some of them were bummed that their Tudor now had someone else’s old movement running it. Other people didn’t seem to care.

Good point about keeping the IP close to home, so most likely the Kenissi side of the Tudor building has a refurbishing center.
I ask because I was reading one of the WUS threads and some guy recently (as in this summer) said he actually called Tudor and asked this question. Would have to double check but I seem to recall the answers being that, no, you cannot ask to have your movement repaired (and they are often replaced), but also in no circumstances are reconditioned parts used.

Maybe they're melted down and remanufactured? That would make more sense maybe?

I can absolutely see how swapping would reduce service times, but only if doing so for a new movement, the production of which can be largely automated.
Poodlopogus is offline   Reply With Quote