The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12 August 2024, 05:33 AM   #1
TheVision
"TRF" Member

Icon4 IWC Pilot watches? Overpriced flyier?

I've owned Breitling, Omega, Hamilton and Tag over the years but never paid attention to IWC till recently. My Rolex AD is now a IWC AD as well so I handled some new pieces in person and quite liked it. But what I couldnt fathom was the price tag (and my AD only offered 10% off being an existing customer..I got my sub here last year).

At $8K+, its same territory as Rolex datejust (and more expensive than Omega) but IWC doesnt have any anti-magnetic protection and in terms of movement, Omega walks all over them (metas, anti magnetic, etc). The IWC pilot watches also have painted dials (same as a $600 Hamilton Khaki) and while the open case is nice, it doesnt seem like the movement is anything extraordinary. Even Longines seem to offer more value for the buck.

Are people paying retail (or close to retail) for IWC? I may buy one from the pre owned market down the road but not sure what market is IWC expecting to pay full retail for cookie cutter flier watch? I mean at $8k, one can get the new white dial Omega speedy.

https://www.iwc.com/us/en/watches/pilot-watches