The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31 August 2024, 01:54 PM   #1
duckowner
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT IIc 116710LN
Buy the seller, not the watch. I have been scammed.

I am here not asking for sympathy, ridicule, or laugh at. Just a warning about an individual. It is a long story so I just want to thank those that will read this. Thank you.
As a longtime member on the forum, I have learned so much about watches and making friends along the way. I saw an ad for sale from a member named aawatches80, and he told me in the emails and call conversation his name is White Diane living in Miami, Florida, that he listed for a date just 41mm 126234 and I contacted him. He emailed back and after he sent me 2 refs, they both checked out (I am now thinking they are both bogus as well.) I proceeded to deposit to his Chase account the money the next day. He then asked if I would like to buy his "2023 Batgirl" and gave me a very good price, I then sent him more money. He then told me he would drop the watches at his local USPS in Miami, FL. He then sent me a label showing his name as the sender and mine as the recipient. The next day he emailed me stating that USPS just emailed him letting him know due to weather and technical issues, the package will not be updated in their system and that the delivery will be for Wednesday, 8/28/2024. Now this is 4 days after I sent him the money. He also emailed me asking me to send him the remaining $5000 for the watches, at this time, I started to worry and contacted him. He texted me back stating he needed the money since his company sent him to Germany for a meeting. I declined and called USPS and was told by a customer rep that USPS never sent out an email to anyone. I have been trying to call, text, and email him but of course he has since been gone. His phone number is 305-998-3186. When I took the photo of his " Florida" driver license to my local police dept here in Concord, CA., an officer here told me this was in fact a fake driver license. I have contacted a trusted seller here on the forum since he lives in Floridia to see if he can help but he told me the money is gone. The old advice: Buy the seller but not the watch is so true. This guy even has the gut to write a positive review about me on the forum the day he asked me sent him more money. When I logged into my account the next day, I was informed that my account has been banned due to phishing issue. I have requested and granted by the Mod to reopen my account. I am writing this long warning, so all of the members here just watch out for this individual

Last edited by duckowner; 31 August 2024 at 02:00 PM.. Reason: Spelling
duckowner is offline   Reply With Quote