The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Today, 10:02 AM   #1
jimanchower
"TRF" Member

Flangeless, single shoulder spring bars and bracelet installation

My 16570 has drilled lugs and the 78790A bracelet with solid end links stamped 801. It's got 23-9291 spring bars (probably generic as seen on Ofrei).

My question is: What tool is best suited for installing a bracelet using this style of spring bar? It's easy enough to do with a soft strap that has some "give." I insert one end and then use something like a thin flathead screwdriver until the other end clears. But with the bracelet I have both pivot ends of the spring bar extending over the lugs and I need something like flat tweezers to compress them at the same time. Even then, it's almost impossible to avoid scratching the lugs as the ends of the spring bar are forced just enough for them to clear the lugs.

I have thought about using flanged spring bars for the bracelet and the flangeless, shoulderless 23-9291 spring bars for something like the Erika's strap but I feel like I'm missing something. Little help?
jimanchower is offline   Reply With Quote