The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Yesterday, 11:57 PM   #30
kritameth
"TRF" Member

Watch: 228238
I personally would not, but that’s me, you have to do what makes sense for you. Hypothetically, if the Meteorite Pepsi really is my ‘grail’, you’d have a near impossible time talking me off the ledge, especially with little/no cash outlay and to finally become a one-watch guy (you’ve likely already put a lot of thoughts into whether or not the Meteorite Pepsi fits into your lifestyle as an only watch). For me it would come down to the latter, one watch vs. collection, and the financial implications that comes along with each.

FWIW, I’m actually in a similar bind. Lots of sentimental value in my DD, Daytona, GMT, but I’m really tempted to “trade up” to a Patek 5270. Has to be one of the most impractical dailys I can think of – manual wind (but many people daily the Speedy so I’m sure it’d be fine) and 30m WR – but boy it sure is romantic dreaming about having my [semi-]grail and being done.
kritameth is offline   Reply With Quote