The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Today, 05:19 AM   #1
NigeG
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
To polish or not to polish?

Recently my 16610 stopped working. Today I had the opportunity to drop it into Rolex UK HQ Service Centre in Kent.

A somewhat odd experience with completely contactless communication with one of the technicians. Where you place the watch in a tray which is slid under a glazed panel similar to buying tickets to a train. She then takes it away for initial assessment whilst I have a coffee in the waiting area.

When she returns I’m informed that the full service will be £700 and that a new genuine crystal £150 (I suspected what was fitted was not genuine Rolex).

I said I was unsure about having it polished or not. She explained that in her opinion it was in good condition and there would be minimal material removed in the refinishing process and once they send me the formal quote I can make the decision.

At some stage it has had a service bracelet fitted and I guess it was refinished at the same time. It’s certainly in better condition than several I’ve seen of similar age.

There is a really small ding on the top edge of the case around the 2.00 o’clock area. Less than the size of a pin head. This worries me a little if I have the case refinished. The bracelet has a small amount of marks on it.

My initial thoughts are to leave the watch head alone and just have the bracelet done. But is that going to look a little odd?

Happy to hear opinions. Unfortunately I don’t seem to have any pics showing the small ding.

Thanks

Couple of pics from a couple of months ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NigeG is offline   Reply With Quote