The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5 December 2006, 10:09 PM   #1
leopardprey
Banned

Watch: Panerai 233
Hong Kong Report!

In Hong Kong. Tried on many different Rolex watches. The Sea Dweller which I was considering was just too bulky and heavy for my taste. It is now between the Sub No Date and Expolorer 1.

Prices I am getting quoted in Kowloon, Hong Kong - after visiting about 6 different ADs.

Sub no Date: $3200-3400
Explorer 1 : $ 3100-$3300
Sea Dweller: Around $4200-$4350

All prices are the same for cash or credit card, and no extra Tax added. These are the prices before I have started to barter with the price. Figure I can knock another $100-$200 off the price.

All prices the converted US Dollar amount. (exchange rate now is 7.74 HK to 1 US$)

One of the Sub No dates I looked at had the luminous circle on the bezel triangle just slightly off center.

Was good reading this forum and the Rolex Report prior to the trip, so knew what to look for and make sure no fakes.

Here is something for you who are thinking of buying a Rolex in the US to think about. For the AD price of a Rolex in the US, you could buy a roundtrip ticket to HK and buy your Rolex. Add about $500 extra for couple of days hotel, food and sightseeing. A good deal and a nice 4-5 day weekend!
leopardprey is offline   Reply With Quote