The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24 February 2007, 06:48 PM   #1
Uncle-AJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116520
Just got the 50 year TT GMT

Well I went to my local AD, “Prestons of Bolton” and they had the 50 year TT GMT Master in stock. After trying it on and deliberating for a while, I decided I’d get it for my pending 60th birthday in August. I must say that everything others have said about the new bracelet and clasp is true, they are excellent. One other pleasing feature is the Cyclops, it does not reflect like the one on my 10 year old TT sub and the date is as clear as a bell.

It was a pleasure to shop at Prestons, which incidentally is where I bought the TT sub all those years ago. The last time I was home, the shop had been closed and gutted. I was not sure what was happening behind the shuttering and thought they may have been converting the building to a bar, which has been the fate of so many shops in the area. It was a delight to see a new refurbished shop, where the fitters had made it look very much like the shop would have been at the turn of the 20th century. It reminded me a lot of Raffles in Singapore. I was so pleased because Prestons has been a landmark in my town Bolton for many years.

There was a celebrity buying a Rolex whilst I was buying mine. Patrick McGuiness, who is a writing and acting partner in one of the funniest shows on UK television. He and his friend Peter Kay and put the laughs back in comedy and made British humour funny again. I did not disturb him while he was buying his watch as I believe celebrities should be left alone and not bothered by passers by. Now if Patrick should ever find his way onto this forum, then the humour would start to flow.

I must also give a mention to the staff at Prestons, they are both knowledgeable and enthusiastic about watches. Steven, who served me, left a pleasing impression and I could hear his colleague who was selling a watch to Patrick and he also came over as someone who knew his stuff.

Now regarding pictures, my point and shoot is at Brenda’s dad’s house and when I tried to get a few wrist shots with my Nikon D200, they were not very good, it’s awkward trying to take a shot one handed. Here’s a hastily taken shot, better ones to follow.

Member #10
Uncle-AJ is offline   Reply With Quote