The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 1 March 2007, 01:58 PM   #1
Dieler

First Rolex

Pulled the trigger today and now wearing a Z series Black Dial SS Sub w/ Date. Purchased from wholesaler, as-new, never worn fully documented with open / stamped papers for what I beleive is a very fair price.

I need to thank all those who assisted with great information and commentary as I decided (obsessed over the decision) between the GMT / Sub & Sea Dweller. For those who care the following drove the final choice;

Desk Diver by week and somehat action packed weekends but no deepwater diving takes place. Wanted a do-it all watch that can go with suit or t-shirt. GMT is nice but did not like the smaller crown and was not sold on the TT colored bezel options. Sea dweller is great but wears thick for the suits all week and is overkill as related to any activity I will throw at the watch. Sub is steeped in history although very popular these days. However, it seems to have best value retention and qualities for an all-round piece. In the end, I beleive I am a fan of the cyclops on the Sub - wasn't sure initially.

This being the first Rolex I have purchased or worn I will say that it wears very well. Looks better on the wrist than off. Maintains an edge that catches the eye without being flashy. Great timepiece, thanks again for all the input.
Dieler is offline   Reply With Quote