The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 4 December 2010, 01:52 AM   #1
unknown
"TRF" Member

The Patek Philippe Nautilus Chrono

The Nautilus is a watch which I will buy one day. Years ago I tried the Aquanaut, I liked it but it didn't take long before I got tired of it, so I sold it. The Nautilus on the other hand ...

The 5711 is nice but nut for me, a bit too simple Than we have the 5712. I like it a lot more than the 5711. The extra complications are welcome. But I'm affraid I would not like the size. It's imo too flat. A Nautilus is still a sportswatch and for me a sportswatch needs to be bigger, thicker and heavier than a dresswatch.
That leaves the 5980.
A friend of mine has one and I'm wearing it for a few weeks. It has everything I want from a Patek. An extremely well finished case, bracelet, movement (this is ofcourse also a fact for the 5711 and 5712). When I put it on my wrist it just feels great. Much better than any 5711, 5712 and 3712 I ever tried. I don't have a small wrist so the bigger Nautilus is superb for me.
The only bad thing I can think about is the price. Compared with other fantastic sportswatches like the Vacheron Overseas, the AP RO or ROO the Nautlilus really is expensive.
Is it worth the the price of the Vacheron plus the ROO? To be honest, I don't know.
When I look at the second hand market, the market does seem to think that it is worth a lot more than the 2 others. The Nautilus stays pretty close to it's listprice.

Now I'll just enjoy this watch for the next weeks. Hopefully I will not like it too much because that could convince me to sell a few other (cheaper) watches, start saving and eventually buy one too

and the wristshots