The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24 December 2010, 04:59 AM   #1
storme

Oyster Speedking question

Hi there,
I'm new on here and also to the world of vintage watches. I've been searching for a vintage prince/ royale or even a tudor to give to myself on my 30th which is coming up soon ;)
As i'm a woman, my wrists are smaller, but older women's watches are too small for my liking.

Today I spent a lot of time with a few dealers in one of the markets in London, some who were really rude when i mention Tudor (how dare they!) and others who were really helpful and enthusiastic about sharing the history with a new enthusiast like myself.

One dealer in particular showed me the Speedking... it was late 40s i think, beautiful watch and what seems to be in good condition. The dial is unrestored but I love that look, showing the watches age, but is working perfectly.

Anyway - the speedking is the perfect size for my wrist (i guess i'm the size of a 40s boy then). But i'm wondering about the strap. They both had newish leather straps on which he will gladly change for another strap of my choosing.

Originally would these have had a stainless steel bracelet? Or would they have had a leather strap? I like the leather strap look but had always assumed they'd come on a bracelet so working my head around that... Looking around online a lot are sold with leather straps, but looking on the forum some people have older speedkings with bracelets on...

Any info on straps for the speedking c 40s era would be really great.

Thank you!
storme is offline   Reply With Quote