The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29 July 2007, 10:20 AM   #1
advocatia
Banned

Watch: PAM 422 GMTIIC
NEVER say never

About 30-60 days ago, on a whim, I put myself on a waiting list for the new SS GMTII at a local large AD. No deposit, no commitment, no worries. Love my SS/PLT YM and have (edited to mean "had") no desire to flip. Just curious.

Phone rings this am (the 28th no less). 2 watches are in, first come first serve. I head down there (local South Florida AD) with no intention to buy, just look. 45 minutes later I'm leaving with a brand new SS GMTII!

This watch sold itself. It is the real deal and IMHO exemplifies the future of the Rolex sports line. Great weight and feel. Hugely improved clasp. Bracelet very solid (like the YM). The green paint and the ROLEXROLEXROLEX are very subtle. The watch case is rock solid and the bezel does not over-power the dial. As comfortable on the wrist as my YM. The reduced glare cyclops is fantastic.

Funny, I have never been a fan of the GMT line and have zero use for the multi time zone function. I just fell in love with the watch. Oh and by the way... the suggestion that the very slightly wider lugs dwarf the bracelet, well I just don't see it. It looks symetrical and proportional to the case. The watch looks better in person than in any picture I have seen.

I would never have bought this watch if it weren't everything I have described and more. Very cool timepiece. As you know by now, no hologram and the warranty is in credit card like form.

Look for a very pampered SS/PLT YM soon on the sales forum. I hope I can find it a good home.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00375.jpg (63.4 KB, 244 views)
advocatia is offline   Reply With Quote