The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3 February 2006, 03:00 AM   #10
----

Quote:
Originally Posted by verolex
Dear all,

Thank you for welcoming me on this forum,
the name Verolex is made of 2 words Vero= true,real in spanish and Rolex :)
I would like to also thank you for your detailed answers for my questions,
However I have one more if you guys don't mind :)))
Trusting your AD...
Can you guys imagine the following situation:
A guy who works for an AD decides to make a little extra cash in his pocket
he buys 10-20 rolexes from the fake market (of course the excellent quality ones that are sold for $250) and sells it to customers for the regular price...
He can sell 20 watches in 3-4 months... If he sells the watches for approx $4000 he can make a jawdropping profit of $75k!!! Hmmm that sounds like a good profit in 3-4 months... Now our guy he made enough profit to say hello to his well profiting job and disappears in the "fog" The chance of getting cought is 0 coz he works for the AD and everyone trusts him...
The reason is I'm telling you guys this story because this is a VERY realistic scenery. The AD's are humans too... DO NOT TRUST ANYONE!!!

(Therefore "simplicity" is not always a good factor in an expensive watch)

With respect,
Verolex
Verolex - welcome to TRF.

With regards to the scenario you suggest, most people have many more things in life to worry about than if the person at their Rolex AD is secretly selling fakes. Although anything can happen (such as the situation you described) I think that it is safe to say this would be a rare thing indeed.

If you are so concerned, then I would suggest there are ways around this that do not require you to buy a complicated watch......such as taking your new purchase to the nearest RSC to verify it's authenticity.

I may be reading you wrong, but you seem to want to put Rolex down for their designs, for a reason that is not really valid if as a watch purchaser you know what you are doing. A Rolex is what it is, a simple, rugged watch.