ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > New Members

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26 November 2014, 06:45 PM   #1
Snoops
"TRF" Member

Greetings from New rolex owner

Hello from London

A very informative forum and I want to thank all members who helped me decide on my first purchase of a Rolex.

Initially I bought a Rolex Explorer 1 36mm. I loved the watch. Amazing. Something about it that I loved but really missed not having a date and felt it a little too small but can see how its a tool watch, wear anywhere and wont get banged about.

Went back to the dealer and they swapped it over for the 40mm explorer 2 (black face). Again an amazing watch. However felt the hands a little bit thin and overall personally for me a little bland.

Spoke to the dealer and they agreed to replace the watch one more time for me. It was a toss up between the GMT II (Black bezel, green hand 8 years old) or the new explorer 2 42mm (black face, 1 year old, manufactures warranty)

In the end really like the Explorer range and that the watches are not too in your face. Found the bezel of the GMT II too busy and was not keen on the shiny bracelet.

Loving the Explorer 2 42mm. Amazing watch. easy to read, great lume, date easy to read too. Has presence but not the in your face type.
My only wish would be if they could have kept it 40mm or 41mm. The dial itself is perfect size. The watch fits under my shirt cuffs too :)
I just feel the width of the lugs a bit wide but I just about get away with the watch not looking too big. Also the weight of the watch is much heavier than the previous models.

I used to have a 44mm breitling Chrono Avenger M1 titanium which did not look or feel as big as the Explorer 2 but that might be down to pure aesthetics.

Again thank you all for your posts which made my investigation into the world of Rolex very interesting and enjoyable.

I purchased the watch from WatchFinder in the UK and found the quality of the used watches on offer very good. I personally would buy again.
Snoops is offline   Reply With Quote