The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > New Members

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12 July 2015, 08:59 PM   #1
SUB14
"TRF" Member

When I was young I didn't had a real interest for watches. At some point I bought a quartz Maurice Lacroix chrono. I really liked it at first, because of it's details and great clasp. But it missed something. A mechanical movement. It did start an interest in watches though. Then I joined the Army in 2008 and bought a Suunto Core all black. I've worn that watch for over 6 years non-stop and my interest in watches faded away a bit. Mainly because I didn't want to wear more expensive watches during those days. The Suunto proved to be a fantastic all-rounder. It's been through a lot with me, from parachuting to building an igloo in the middle of nowhere, and much more.. I still wear it from time to time as I'm still in Army reserve.

During my final days as active duty I saw someone wearing the 116610LV. At that point I knew I had to have one for myself. It would be a great 'gift' for finishing university and getting a new job. I was having doubts between getting the 116610LV or the 114060. Eventually I choose the 114060 because of it's timeless design and for being a great all-rounder. Everyday it looks like I just got the watch and I find it fascinating to look at the seconds hand sweeping across the dial and listening to the sound the movement makes. I have a feeling that the 114060 won't be my last watch. I really like other Rolex references and other brands as well.

SUB14 is offline   Reply With Quote