The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > New Members

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18 July 2015, 02:20 PM   #1
bluetick
"TRF" Member

Another noob

I am a mild watch enthusiast with a very modest watch budget. Several years ago I happened upon a 14010M at a hefty discount at an AD. That became my first Rolex.

When my father-in-law passed away, my mother-in-law handed over his favorite watch - his GMT Master 1675 purchased new in the late 70s - to my wife (where she has left it to sit dormant in a safe).

Meanwhile, my mother-in-law turned over his 14K gold Date to me. This was a watch he bought used without box and papers from some local trader/friend. I am not sure of it's age or the reference. It has a crosshair dial. It is a nicely performing watch, but it doesn't get a lot of wrist time as I have never really been one to wear gold. I've been told that this was not one of his favorite watches, and if I want to liquidate it, I should do so. For sentimental reasons, even though it wasn't one of his favorites, I am struggling with selling or trading it, though. I also have no idea what it's worth.

Anyway, that's my story. I'm looking forward to lurking, learning, and maybe even contributing every now and then.
bluetick is offline   Reply With Quote