ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > The Meeting Point

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17 July 2016, 08:09 AM   #11
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerardoG View Post
Well....only July and we are over 45 (due to SOs and/or friends/family). As we add dealers and watch industry people, I would say list is over 50!

I have been struggling with ideas and need your help (I have consulted with some members and I am back to square one!):

As the group grows larger, the logistics are not the same. Reserving for 10 people is easy, doing so for 30+ requires deposits, menu selections, minimums to be covered, signed agreements...you get the picture. My personal experience is that, unfortunately, we have a 15-20% 'no show' typically.

What are your thoughts? Play it by ear? Use a deposit? If so, how much?
Standard practice on events is +3% on event counts here. So the Chefs standard should always be a 3% overage on plated dinners, but that's for a banquet at a hotel not a resturant. Banquet facilities always need a more exact count due to the amount of people, food quantity and time restraints.

Menu is picked out in advance of course and all the meats are usually partially cooked the day before and then finished off right before the event. Except large steamship rounds, prime rib, poultry and pork, that's done the same day as there's no way you can reheat those without really drying the meat out.

Most garde (garmache) or Pantry Chefs handle the cold items, cheese, vegetable, dip platters and are made the day before. Payments are prepaid and you have up to 72 hours to make any count changes or menu changes. Also there is mostly a minimum you must spend not including tax and gratuity. If you don't meet the minimum you pay the difference. Example would be you say you'll have 55 guest and only 45 show up your charged for the extra 10 people at whatever the per person price was. I don't think it would be fair to pay gratuity on the no show charges since no service was provided. Maybe tax is paid because everything was bought and paid for.

I don't know if what I just wrote is any help. But I'll add more later on deposits and resturant dinners as I have to go now.

I might have wording from a actual event order that covers what I just posted if I can find it.