The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12 March 2018, 03:56 AM   #1
MesaSean
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126711CHNR
Icon7 My brand new Datejust II & Coke Bezel GMT Master II 16710T.

Hey folks! New member but long time lurker. I have always been a Breitling guy in watch collecting, but about 6 months ago I caught the Rolex bug really bad. Watching so many videos, reading so many articles and really doing my homework……..I fell in love with the brand. I finally understood why I caught the bug. So much heritage, craftsmanship, quality, built like tanks etc. For me it has nothing to do with status. I look at the watches and think of how much went into building them.

Well I had my heart set on a GMT master II (new or old), but I really gravitated towards the 16710 with the red coke bezel. I found one at a local shop (AD), but it was beat to hell and no papers. Would have needed a new bezel, major polishing and a massive overhaul.

However when I was looking ay the beaten up GMT 16710 coke bezel at the AD, I fell in love with the white face Datejust II and walked out with it. Once I tried it on, it just felt right. Just a stunning piece, loved the size, weight and center polished links. I do like the newer GMT Master II’s and of course the BLNR’s, but that will have to wait a while.

But I was still on a quest for a GMT Master II 16710 with the coke bezel. After looking at so many online, I found one in excellent condition at a Jeweler with box and papers. 3185 movement, excellent condition and love it! The bracelet is a bit loose and I prefer the newer GMT clasps but I like how it feels slightly “vintage” lol The watch fits my wrist really well. Papers say it was from he mid 2000’s with a Z serial number and has all the service papers from Rolex when it was serviced in 2011. Nice weight to it, but lighter than my date just II obviously.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself, say hello and here are some pictures of the new acquisitions.

Cheers!

For a bunch more pictures click here:
https://mesasean.imgur.com/all/
MesaSean is offline   Reply With Quote