The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18 September 2018, 08:13 PM   #34
zengineer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3F View Post
Thanks everyone, glad it seems my experience is proving helpful to some. I probably should have included these in the initial post, but here are some (terrible) photos of the SD43 on my wrist from a few angles. My reason for posting these is to show that a watch doesn't need to look ridiculous on you for it to not fit right, and that photos don't tell the whole story. As you can see, there's no overhang and it looks decent -- I'd go as far as to guess that most on the forum would say it looks pretty good, if on the larger side, if I posted a "Does this watch fit me?" thread.

I'm likely buying a watch that I never thought I'd be able to even consider -- a 44mm AP Royal Oak Chrono -- and, while it is bigger than the SD43, it sits lower, more flush to my wrist, and feels balanced (as opposed to top-heavy) and comfortable. My point, again, is that the raw facts on watch size don't tell the whole story about whether it wears nicely or not. Now, there's probably a 50% chance I end up moving this on because I decide it's bigger than I'd prefer, but my point still stands.
Thanks for posting those. That's a watch that I would absolutely not wear due to size if it fit me like that, but as you say many people would consider it "acceptable".

I generally shoot for something around 39-42 but it all depends on the style of watch. I loved this watch but with almost no bezel and the white face it was way beyond what I think looks right even though it's technically the same 42mm size as others I have.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20171118_124017.jpg (89.5 KB, 227 views)
zengineer is offline   Reply With Quote