The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 1 October 2018, 02:18 AM   #1
chloebear
Banned

Watch: Explorer
Milgauss love

I am a huge fan of the modern Milgauss. It is my second favorite model (after the Explorer II) and my twin brother's favorite model. So needless to say we love the Milgauss. My understanding is that the original Milgauss ran from 1956 to 1988 and the current six digit model ran from 2007 to present.

I thought it would be fun to get some specific dates on the history of the modern six digit Milgauss, discuss our love of the model and share some pictures. I know the Milgauss was re-introduced at Basel World 2007 and it came in black, white and black GV forms. Does anyone know the specific dates on when the black and white models were discontinued? When did the mk1 white Milgauss change over to the mk2? That is, when did the lume change from green/blue to all blue?

I also understand that the original MSRP was $6,200 (USD) for the clear crystal and $6,575 for the GV version. When did the price change to the current $7,650 for the clear crystal and $8,200 for the GV variants?

Thanks for your feedback!
chloebear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
milgauss