The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17 February 2019, 02:05 AM   #1
ilovethiscity
"TRF" Member

Watch: the days go by
Icon10 How I got my new (to me) GMT 116710LN and why I am so happy to be back! Modem burner

Good afternoon to you all at TRF,

I just wanted to share my happiness and excitement with you all to be back in the world of Rolex. I will try my best to make a long story short here; in my early 20’s I had bought my first ever Rolex watch (GMT Master II) which I absolutely loved, then a few years later I picked up a Hulk. Another Few years go by and here comes the stalk, but wait, TWINS? TWO BOYS! haha mad world so me and the good lady bought a place together which meant sacrificing my watches at the time and I was totally gutted. There’s been a Rolex shaped hole in my heart for the last 3-4 years and I always knew it was first on my list to rectify once life had stabilised

So we skip to this year and I turned 30, everything has been going really great with life, twins etc etc so with a little bit of my (famously bad) ‘man maths’ we agreed it was time I could start shopping for a new watch. Well you can imagine my surprise coming back into the world of it all and seeing not only the prices but the no availability!! Crazy!!

The search began and i was totally set on a 6 digit sports model, I started with Hulk then quickly realised it was out of my new (dad of twins) price range. I really felt I wouldn’t enjoy a black sub after having the green one as I loved the colour and therefore couldn’t quite get over that mentally, I was worried it would get in my head while wearing it. I couldn’t believe I’d forgotten about how fond I was of my beautiful GMT LN so I started looking at those and wow I (personally) found this to be the best “bang for your buck” Sports model on the Market. I think you really get a lot from this movement for what I suppose is considered an ‘entry level’ sports model. The BLNR has obviously gone to Hulk level prices but honestly the black/blue combo didn’t sing to me anyway so my search had come to the GMT LN. I live in London so perused the usual spots my god you can literally get any reference in Hatton Garden but you’ll be paying double the list!! Nuts. By this point I’m far too excited at the prospect of an AD wait and so I hopped on Chrono24 and I managed to find a London jeweller with a near mint condition full set SS 116710 LN for a little over retail, I was wearing it the very next day and i’ve already ‘scuffed’ a PCL, a right of passage

I’m so happy to be back and I never plan on leaving again, I hope you enjoy the pictures of my watch and my humble story of the return back into the world we all know and love

Cheers!!!

ilovethiscity is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gmt , incoming