The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 12 November 2020, 05:01 AM   #1
Johnny Crystal
"TRF" Member

Tampa / Miami ADs

Any good tips for these ADs in terms of availability of a Bluesy or Batgirl?
Thanks
Johnny Crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2020, 05:26 AM   #2
nosignalbmwdriver
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT Skydwelli
Call both and have a conversation?
nosignalbmwdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2020, 05:49 AM   #3
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Crystal View Post
Any good tips for these ADs in terms of availability of a Bluesy or Batgirl?
Thanks
Batgirl much harder than bluesy
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2020, 05:58 AM   #4
Johnny Crystal
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
Batgirl much harder than bluesy
There’s like 10 ADs in the area. Just wanted tips to see who is best. Thanks
Old 12 November 2020, 06:03 AM   #5
Dabbadon8
"TRF" Member

Quote:
As I posted in the AP thread, expect trouble with hot models as an out of towner. They try to use those as carrots to reward existing customers or start relationships with people they think will be repeat customers. Mayors is garbage. Tourneau will make you wait forever if you don’t have a history. I had a minor spend history of $20k there and was told second half of 2021 for a new sub. Got it in two weeks from a family AD. Your best bet is probably to not waste your time going around to ADs in FL if you don’t want to try to bundle and have no purchase history.
Dabbadon8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2020, 06:06 AM   #6
Johnny Crystal
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabbadon8 View Post
As I posted in the AP thread, expect trouble with hot models as an out of towner. They try to use those as carrots to reward existing customers or start relationships with people they think will be repeat customers. Mayors is garbage. Tourneau will make you wait forever if you don’t have a history. I had a minor spend history of $20k there and was told second half of 2021 for a new sub. Got it in two weeks from a family AD. Your best bet is probably to not waste your time going around to ADs in FL if you don’t want to try to bundle and have no purchase history.
That’s the advice I wanted! Thanks again. Looks like I’ll just try to say hi at the AP AD there Maybe a diver would be more easily waitlisted for
Old 12 November 2020, 06:16 AM   #7
flyingtiger85
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub Date
make the drive up to Orlando and pay DavidSW a visit
flyingtiger85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2020, 06:44 AM   #8
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

At ADs, not a chance imho, though Greys have what you want. I've been meaning to visit DavidSW one of these days, so if you're near Orlando it's well worth your time.

Love timepieces and want to become a Watchmaker? Rolex has a sensational school.
www.RolexWatchmakingTrainingCenter.com/

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2020, 06:48 AM   #9
C.C.H.
"TRF" Member

Don’t even bother going to the Tampa location at international mall, not only they’re rude but also never seem to be interested in new clients, it seems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C.C.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2020, 07:33 AM   #10
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Rolex Boutique Luxury Swiss location at Miami Design District...Awesome folks there...Omar is the best...
Old 12 November 2020, 09:02 AM   #11
Tavli3
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II 16760
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyk View Post
Rolex Boutique Luxury Swiss location at Miami Design District...Awesome folks there...Omar is the best...
Just make sure you make an appointment before you go or you won't get in.
Best bet is grey dealer, if you're in North Miami area check out Starvin Marvin in Jewelry Exchange. Good selection with decent prices.
Tavli3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2020, 09:15 AM   #12
Dabbadon8
"TRF" Member

Quote:
They are nice, but don't expect to get anything from them without a purchase history. Once asked what it would take to get a daytona. Said if I bought a Plat DD? SA was like, maybe if you got one for me (jokingly).

That said, they have a ton of cool boutiques there (not sure if they are open). That's where watches and wonders was hosted.
Old 12 November 2020, 11:36 AM   #13
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Quote:
Try mayors in merrick park.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2020, 11:38 AM   #14
Dabbadon8
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
Try mayors in merrick park.
Respectfully disagree. Been there 3 times in last month and no stock. No timeline on any pieces. They did offer to order a DJ36 blue dial fluted and jubilee with a deposit. I wouldn’t count on anything other than a DJ from there and they don’t even have any desirable configurations in stock typically. May be a VIP type situation, but again, if OP is coming from out of town, not worth a special trip to wait on a DJ.
Old 12 November 2020, 02:59 PM   #15
Skyrider01
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
They are nice, but don't expect to get anything from them without a purchase history. Once asked what it would take to get a daytona. Said if I bought a Plat DD? SA was like, maybe if you got one for me (jokingly).

That said, they have a ton of cool boutiques there (not sure if they are open). That's where watches and wonders was hosted.
Agreed. I have been there many times and it's the same story every time. They will want you to buy a PM piece before entertaining the idea of you being able to get a popular model. Last time I was there about 2 months ago, the cases were pretty much empty. The salespeoples are nice though.

As for the other boutiques in the Design District, sadly, some have recently shut down (JLC being one), and others are on their way out (Tourbillon is closing). Several require an appointment before you can visit.
Skyrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2020, 01:37 AM   #16
kferg46
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I also deal with Omar in the Design District. As others said, they are very nice there but not really much in stock. Its a nice area though. I did see a YM in the window at the store in Bal Harbour recently when I was there to visit the AP boutique.
kferg46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2020, 02:19 PM   #17
John1083
"TRF" Member

Nothing in the Tampa area, visit a couple AD’s regularly and they’re all empty. Purchased a sub date in feb and no one seems to care. Fairly certain new models are being sold to greys by the truck load, they’re the only ones that have new inventory at msrp plus 40%. Just doesn’t make sense

John1083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2020, 09:31 PM   #18
Tavli3
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II 16760
Was at my favorite AD yesterday to pick up wife's new ladies DJ31 and there was exactly 22 watches in the cases of which about 4 were men's DD. Really bad optics.

Bal Harbor has the most watches but it's just the same few watches in slightly different variations. My advice if you come to Miami and are not prepared to spend Grey money on a watch, spend your time doing more productive things to enjoy your visit. Going to an AD is a waste of time unless you want a ladies DJ or a PM DD.

Design District watch section is depressing. Not sure how any of the stores remain open there.
Tavli3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2020, 10:25 PM   #19
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Quote:
Respectfully disagree. Been there 3 times in last month and no stock. No timeline on any pieces. They did offer to order a DJ36 blue dial fluted and jubilee with a deposit. I wouldn’t count on anything other than a DJ from there and they don’t even have any desirable configurations in stock typically. May be a VIP type situation, but again, if OP is coming from out of town, not worth a special trip to wait on a DJ.
No one has stock at any ADs around miami, ftl or boca.

He is better off hitting up 2ndary sellers in the local area. But he asked and i responded as to ADs.

He could maybe buy a different brand as well there to establish his relationship.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2020, 11:26 PM   #20
dnd2984
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1083 View Post
Nothing in the Tampa area, visit a couple AD’s regularly and they’re all empty. Purchased a sub date in feb and no one seems to care. Fairly certain new models are being sold to greys by the truck load, they’re the only ones that have new inventory at msrp plus 40%. Just doesn’t make sense

Agree, I was shocked how empty the Tampa ADs are. Did you get the sub from north Tampa AD?
dnd2984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2020, 11:39 PM   #21
PA Zu
"TRF" Member

I didn't realize DavidSW has an actual physical store. It would be cool to swing through there and actually see some unfindable watches in person.
PA Zu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2020, 08:30 AM   #22
AdamW
"TRF" Member

Watch: this space
This whole "buy a PP for 50K and we'll get you an 9K sub" is absurd. It's madness actually. I mean if you can shell out $ for a PP or another 100K in purchases that I've read some WIS are paying, you can pay the markup for a new one at the Grays and get the watch you want. THIS IS INSANITY!!!!!!!

" I don't have a microwave oven but I do have a clock that occasionally cooks $h!t" - Mitch Hedburgh
AdamW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2020, 11:56 AM   #23
0ptimus_1
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116508-116718ln
Check out JB Jewelers. Ask for John.
0ptimus_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2020, 01:33 PM   #24
John1083
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnd2984 View Post
Agree, I was shocked how empty the Tampa ADs are. Did you get the sub from north Tampa AD?

Mayors Tampa surprisingly, shocked they had it. But that was February, I can’t find them with anything other than PM models now.

John1083 is offline   Reply With Quote