The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 9 July 2024, 02:01 AM   #31
Oxfordian
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lever Escapement View Post
2 customers are after a Submariner. One has spent over 80K in jewelry, and the other has no spend history. I'm pretty sure I know who's going to get the allocation......
Not necessarily;

Before moving house my AD explained how they worked concerning allocations of new watches.

A regular customer will get preference over a non regular, it is that simple.

So if you walk in and spend £40k or more on a precious metal Rolex but are then never seen again for some years the store will give the customer who comes in frequently and buys from them frequently priority, this is the customer that they want to do business with.

So having been a regular customer for some time in my store I had the new Submariner on my wrist inside 4 weeks of it being launched back in 2020.

Small Rolex, Omega, Seiko and Oris Collection
Oxfordian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2024, 02:43 AM   #32
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxfordian View Post
Not necessarily;

Before moving house my AD explained how they worked concerning allocations of new watches.

So if you walk in and spend £40k or more on a precious metal Rolex but are then never seen again for some years the store will give the customer who comes in frequently and buys from them frequently priority, this is the customer that they want to do business with.

So having been a regular customer for some time in my store I had the new Submariner on my wrist inside 4 weeks of it being launched back in 2020.

I agree with this. The last time I was at my AD, the MGR was suggesting that I get a Sub, but I’d rather have an Explorer. I did try the Sub Date on, but it just did not give me the same feeling as my 16610 once did.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2024, 11:51 AM   #33
Zach69SS
"TRF" Member

Op, what area are you in? If it’s a WOS store they don’t care and some stores have great SA but they have no control on who gets what? All luck there.

Which DJ are you after? Some dials and combos are hard to get. But others are not.

Kat has a great AD and some others on here too.

Sometimes trying a smaller AD is better? A mom and pop store that cares about their customers, they are out there it just takes some patience and driving to a few AD’s things will change soon and the stupidity with the lists will end. In my opinion the exhibition only has to end sooner or later.

Keep your head up and don’t lose faith. You never know my friend, look at some of the posts here? It can happen to anyone at any time.

Good Luck!
Zach69SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2024, 06:37 PM   #34
Lever Escapement
"TRF" Member

Quote:
2 customers are after a Submariner. One has spent over 80K in jewelry, and the other has no spend history. I'm pretty sure I know who's going to get the allocation......
Quote:
Not necessarily;

I agree, but I was talking about a customer with no spend history

Is it even possible to get a standard Submariner if that is the only timepiece you have showed an interest in, and don't have a history ?

Last edited by Lever Escapement; 9 July 2024 at 06:44 PM.. Reason: Because I can't spell.....
Lever Escapement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2024, 06:44 PM   #35
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Not necessarily;

My experience also. I could have walked out with a BLNR on spec and my wife walked out with an OP Grape. Both were supposedly on waitlists. Relationships count, but you can't force them, they happen organically.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 July 2024, 08:05 PM   #36
Oxfordian
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
I agree, but I was talking about a customer with no spend history
A customer with no spend and an irregular big spend customer have the same chance - small.

Someone looking for their first Rolex isn't going to walk-in and pick up a hot SS watch on their initial visit unless they are lucky beyond belief.

Stores want to see you regularly, they don't want you spending £80k in one hit then disappearing for 5 years, they have all the usual business expenses in the intervening years and need people buying their stock regularly.

Your point about someone spending £80k is true but only if that is spent in smaller chunks on a regular basis otherwise the store isn't interested. So use the store as your first port of call for your jewellery and/or watch shopping and you'll get what you want fairly easily.

I haven't been in my old Rolex shop for over 3 years now, no doubt the sales people I knew have moved on so any Rolex I want will be a struggle to get from there.

However, I am slowing getting to know the team in my new local Rolex store which is where I managed to get my TTSD on first visit. Whether I buy another Rolex remains to be seen, I've asked for a BLNR and now have a sales history but will it materialise, who knows.

Small Rolex, Omega, Seiko and Oris Collection
Oxfordian is offline   Reply With Quote