The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 20 October 2024, 08:41 AM   #1
Daytonaman799
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek
I saw and tried on the Cubitus today and…

It is def a square Nautilus. Has a similar but harsher aesthetic. What I found interesting is that the time only on a bracelet wears HUUGE. It is a big watch. Like ROO big BUT bec it’s so thin it’s more doable than a lot of larger watches. The 5822p actually feels smaller because of the strap but also because the dial has more going on. It’s on a sea of space but has things going on. The pics overall do not do the collection justice but that being said….i much prefer the Nautilus for time only. Now…the 5822p can stand on its own. It’s a beautiful watch. I would love to see what it would be like on a bracelet. But the blue is a great deep blue and helps add depth to the dial where it is like a 5712 but not. The big date really helps and looks far better in person. The weight is fantastic. I thought it was great. What I found interesting was the the AD basically said getting one will work like a Nautilus where you need to buy more available strap models in order to qualify for an allocation much like an aquanaut or nautilus. Now I live in a big city so maybe it’s easier elsewhere but the new line seems likely to eat into nautilus and aquanaut production UNLESS they cut some of that to make room for the new sporty line as they are more popular. Bottom line is they need to be seen in person before you can truly hate or like them. In my case I LOVE the 5822 and the 5821 is fine. I can see the field better now.
Daytonaman799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2024, 09:28 AM   #2
David5807
"TRF" Member

No wrist shots?
David5807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:31 PM   #3
Andad
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Gave up half way.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:16 PM   #4
KWT
"TRF" Member

Thanks for sharing your experience. I prefer the platinum model out of the three.
KWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:13 PM   #5
AHall42631
"TRF" Member

The odd thing is I have read post saying the Cubitus is to attract new buyers while others say you need purchase history to get one. This is contradictory. Cubitus looks good, but I do wonder if time will be kind to the square design and if it will go down as a less desired piece when compared to the Nautilus.
AHall42631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:52 PM   #6
supernova
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Pics or it didn’t happen

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:24 PM   #7
Calatrava r
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall42631 View Post
The odd thing is I have read post saying the Cubitus is to attract new buyers while others say you need purchase history to get one. This is contradictory. Cubitus looks good, but I do wonder if time will be kind to the square design and if it will go down as a less desired piece when compared to the Nautilus.
This watch will absolutely only be available to buyers with a long and huge spend history. Patek and its dealer network know no other way. The crowd wanting these pieces far exceeds the supply. It will be interesting to see where the steel version sells on the used market once it settles out a bit.
Calatrava r is online now   Reply With Quote