The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 12 November 2020, 03:02 PM   #31
TheHulk
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tonas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadridv View Post
Yeah just keep waiting. I know SAs that quit, even died while people are still waiting for watches. Not hard to get lol

Where is your cut off Padi? Double the price is a no-go? I've also heard you say paying a dime over retail makes you an idiot. Glad I got my 116500 3 years ago for $16k. What an IDIOT I was!!!! Should have totally just kept waiting

You're right, I should have just kept waiting while people literally passed away and the price hits $28k (and rising).

That said, every AD I've talked to has barely seen these stella-ish dials come through. No one knows if they will remain difficult to get, but at the moment there aren't a lot out there. I just picked up the 36mm Coral red for my wife. I had 6 different ADs genuinely trying to get it for me, ended up buying it privately as it was a birthday gift and had to make a move.
I have to say that is spot on if you can afford it, do it. If u cant then just keep waiting.
TheHulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2020, 03:11 PM   #32
EEpro
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
2 really happy idiots checking in!

Awesome! You can really see the warmth of the white gold in this pic next to the steel. Great watches!
Old 12 November 2020, 04:55 PM   #33
TankTom
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rl96701 View Post
Coral red is much more ORANGE in person

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, it really is not. It’s as red as you can get
TankTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2020, 04:57 PM   #34
TankTom
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
They are not hard to get just like all the rest of the Rolex lineup but you might have to wait just like everyone one else.And never believe what most sales guys tell you, only complete idiots would pay nearly double for any Rolex watch.It's not like the colour dials are anything new on the OP, they were available way back in the 1970s then called stella dials.
Another agressive post? I’ve never done it, but if people want to pay double list for a Rolex, that’s their choice
Old 12 November 2020, 05:28 PM   #35
Maxy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamestucker View Post
Is OP41 Coral red hard to obtain?

Just before the lock down I sent to a Goldsmiths store and I was told OP41 coral red was very difficult to obtain. The sales guy said it was selling for nearly double the retail in the grey market!
Posts like this create this frenzy that coral OP is hot. Frankly only small % of folks will buy it or prefer it and Rolex will even limit that number to create fake hype and then AD and salesmen will increase the hype and users will posts on forum and confirm the hype. It makes sense that Daytona or Green Sub or Sky-D has hype but every watch is little too much and especially entry level Rolex priced at $5900.
Maxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2020, 05:46 PM   #36
Tom5518
Banned

Watch: Air King
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxy View Post
Posts like this create this frenzy that coral OP is hot. Frankly only small % of folks will buy it or prefer it and Rolex will even limit that number to create fake hype and then AD and salesmen will increase the hype and users will posts on forum and confirm the hype. It makes sense that Daytona or Green Sub or Sky-D has hype but every watch is little too much and especially entry level Rolex priced at $5900.
As an owner of a Daytona, Green Sub and Sky-D, Imma gonna go ahead and disrespectably disagree with this. There is no logic to this hobby/obsession so it's senseless to try and apply logic to any of it.

Buy what you like and don't look back. Whether it is at retail or a discount or a premium. 100 years from now it won't make a difference.
Tom5518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2020, 05:54 PM   #37
icjewelry2
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 16613lb
I just don't like the colors... it's like rolex wants to fit in with the bright red gshock crowd.... but only my 2 cents and they're still seeking the heck out of them so don't listen to me.

And like all good things is nice to mix it up every now and again to remind yourself what looks good.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
icjewelry2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2020, 07:02 PM   #38
belutak
"TRF" Member

Watch: Variety
Quote:
Originally Posted by icjewelry2 View Post
I just don't like the colors... it's like rolex wants to fit in with the bright red gshock crowd.... but only my 2 cents and they're still seeking the heck out of them so don't listen to me.

And like all good things is nice to mix it up every now and again to remind yourself what looks good.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
It is stupid to pay over retail if you buy watches for pleasure. If you do it for trade and value appreciation then yes, it is ok, but then it is another topic. Investment, sort of ...
Sadly most folks on this forum are transfixed to the value and commercials.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
belutak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2020, 07:16 PM   #39
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TankTom View Post
Another agressive post? I’ve never done it, but if people want to pay double list for a Rolex, that’s their choice
Cannot see any aggression in my post and yes agree its the buyers money,but while there are those willing to pay these crazy idiot prices.Afraid we will never get back to the days when people bought Rolex watches to wear and enjoy.Today Rolex watch are seen by many especially over the past few years as little more than £££$$$$ things.And by paying these crazy money thinking they have something special,but in the real world a mechanical watch made in there millions.Just look at the grey market where there are hundreds of all these so called hot models for sale simply because they are now little more than $$$£££ objects, afraid today the WIS can be his/hers own enemy.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2020, 11:49 PM   #40
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onikage View Post
That's the 36mm one. Are they any easier? I think I actually prefer it. For myself. ..Does that make me a girly man?
Yes 36mm! I think they’re all pretty difficult to find right now, but I’m guessing 36mm will eventually be a little easier. As for your preference, 1st rule is get what you love. If you love the 36mm, that’s the one!

That said, I’m guessing the proportions on the 36mm and 41mm are very similar, so it really just comes down to wrist size. Personally having a 7” wrist, the Daytona is the smallest watch I will wear (at just under 40mm). 39mm is ok for me too. If you have a smaller wrist, the 41mm would actually look too big IMO.
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2020, 01:24 AM   #41
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Quote:
Yeah just keep waiting. I know SAs that quit, even died while people are still waiting for watches. Not hard to get lol

Where is your cut off Padi? Double the price is a no-go? I've also heard you say paying a dime over retail makes you an idiot. Glad I got my 116500 3 years ago for $16k. What an IDIOT I was!!!! Should have totally just kept waiting

You're right, I should have just kept waiting while people literally passed away and the price hits $28k (and rising).

That said, every AD I've talked to has barely seen these stella-ish dials come through. No one knows if they will remain difficult to get, but at the moment there aren't a lot out there. I just picked up the 36mm Coral red for my wife. I had 6 different ADs genuinely trying to get it for me, ended up buying it privately as it was a birthday gift and had to make a move.
And there you have it, a reality-based post. Finally.

My reality is: it depends on where you live, the AD's access to certain models, and finally, their willingness to sell those models to you. Oh, and of course, you can't factor out urgency of need.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2020, 02:28 AM   #42
214270Explorer
"TRF" Member

Watch: me buy Watches
Makes me chuckle to think of the thousands upon thousands of Rolex sitting around in the Gray market and that they cannot move most of them, only to those who are so desperate that they have to shell out double or more for something that is not even worth MSRP.

But to each their own. IMHO They are 'just watches.'

Rolex "some"
Tudor "some"
Damasko "some"
Misc Pieces "some"
Marathon "some"
GS Spring Drive "some"
Hamilton "some"
Findeisen "some"
214270Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2020, 05:26 AM   #43
TankTom
Banned

Quote:
Cannot see any aggression in my post and yes agree its the buyers money,but while there are those willing to pay these crazy idiot prices.Afraid we will never get back to the days when people bought Rolex watches to wear and enjoy.Today Rolex watch are seen by many especially over the past few years as little more than £££$$$$ things.And by paying these crazy money thinking they have something special,but in the real world a mechanical watch made in there millions.Just look at the grey market where there are hundreds of all these so called hot models for sale simply because they are now little more than $$$£££ objects, afraid today the WIS can be his/hers own enemy.
You must have said that over 100 times in the last few weeks on here. Why do you get so upset about it? Chill man!
Old 13 November 2020, 04:07 PM   #44
jamestucker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
No, it really is not. It’s as red as you can get
Appears red on the photos too
jamestucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2020, 06:21 PM   #45
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
You must have said that over 100 times in the last few weeks on here. Why do you get so upset about it? Chill man!
And I will post on the same subject as much as I like, I dont have to ask you what I can post. Now if you have a problem with that, do not reply to any of my posts hope you fully understand now you Chill.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2020, 07:10 AM   #46
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
And I will post on the same subject as much as I like, I dont have to ask you what I can post. Now if you have a problem with that, do not reply to any of my posts hope you fully understand now you Chill.
chill or no chill, people around here look up to you. Being constantly negative is just a bummer

Obviously as member and big shot around here you're always entitled to your opinion, but you don't seem to care or know the difference between what is your opinion and what is bad information.
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote