The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 23 March 2022, 04:54 AM   #31
7sins
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psm11 View Post
man what a great piece! I have been working with the south coast plaza boutique (since the BH location was closed for a time). thinking about switching to the BH location (closer to me). my initial experience with them a few years ago wasn't great but sounds like things have changed. does anyone know if I will get dinged for switching boutiques? my profile was created by south coast plaza
I have several friends who tried to switch from SCP to a different boutique. Typically AP and the new boutique you inquire with will tell you to stay with your existing SA. I'm sure there are some exceptions but friends who tried to make the switch, even with purchase history, were unsuccessful.
Richard Mille RG RM030 || Richard Mille RM72ti || AP 26240 50TH Green Royal Oak Chrono || AP Royal Oak Off Shore Gulf Blue 26238 || AP Royal Oak Blue JUMBO SS 15202ST || AP ROO Diver Green 15720ST || ♕ Rolex Platinum Daytona Diamond 116506 || Cartier Santos
7sins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2022, 05:29 AM   #32
wirru
"TRF" Member

Thank you all so much for the kind words and congrats. I'm currently wearing the piece as a daily driver and loving it

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolLee View Post
Nice!!

This whole move to corporate owned boutiques seems like a good thing. I got a new RO shortly after the move to "new management" whereas under the old guard I was just waiting around watching paint dry.
Likewise! One interesting tip for others is that I had to personally reach back out to the BH boutique after ownership transitioned to AP corporate. After re-establishing my relationship with the new management, I was lucky to get my allocation rather quickly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtnguyen View Post
Congrats!!! How long did you end up waiting?

Also, how did you go about getting introduced to the team at Audemars in BH? I always find myself shopping near there, but am a bit intimated to ever schedule an appointment, since I’m fairly new to the watch game (I’ve got one Rolex). The guys at Southcoast plaza didn’t want to create a profile for me 💀😭 . Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I’ve wanted a Royal Oak for as long as I could remember.
I'm not sure what's "normal," but I originally just walked into the BH boutique off the street. The first time I went, I made a little small talk and just filled out a card. But the second time I stopped by, my SA seemed to realize I was more serious. I ended up emailing my SA to express my interest in a few different pieces - and I built the relationship from there over time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7sins View Post
Congrats, beautiful JUMBO! The AP BH staff are second to none!
Couldn't agree more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc_k9_vet View Post
Congrats! What a stunning watch.

Curious to understand why people are saying the switch to corporate is a good thing and what effect people think it will have.

I was in the BH boutique last week and had a great time with the staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know for sure, but intuitively my guess is that AP corporate may allocate more watches for the boutique now that it's fully owned. Also, BH Rodeo Drive is undoubtedly a flagship location; I could see AP wanting to establish relationships with new clients in the area in order to build direct connections with loyal customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
Congrats on the new watch, it looks like the perfect size for your wrist and no doubt gorgeous in person.

I am sure it is just the able of the picture, etc....but when I first looked at your pic...that crown somehow looked off...like two long and not big enough. Again, I know it is just the angle of the pic.
I think it's just the angle of the pic. Looks perfect to me in-person. But that's very observant of you! :)
wirru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2022, 06:02 AM   #33
Seddyspaghetti
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN
Congrats
Seddyspaghetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2022, 07:37 AM   #34
only1swami
"TRF" Member

congratulations!
only1swami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2022, 08:02 AM   #35
mhateo
"TRF" Member

Magnificent, congrats!
mhateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2022, 08:32 AM   #36
pav333hp
"TRF" Member

Woooooow!!!! HUGE congrats on getting the 16202!!! Amazing and beautiful watch!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirru View Post
I almost can't believe I'm writing this! I feel so lucky to have gotten the call the other week for the new 50th Anniversary Royal Oak Jumbo. I've had my eye on a Jumbo for awhile now - starting with the 15202ST, which I never was able to acquire. Beyond the historical significance of the Jumbo, I've always felt that the 39mm size would be much better fit for my relatively small wrist. Now that I'm finally able to wear one in person, I can confidently say that I love the svelte profile & 39mm size of the Jumbo. It's much better fit for my wrist than my 41mm ROC and also wears much more comfortably.

Thanks so much to Ebony, Kim, Ari, the new director Kathy, and everyone else at the BH Rodeo Drive boutique. The whole AP family there is always such a pleasure to interact with. As of this past January, the boutique is now owned by AP corporate. I'm excited for the future direction of the boutique - and I know that other local collectors I've spoken with are excited as well.

pav333hp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2022, 04:57 PM   #37
Thebluewatchlover
"TRF" Member

Absolutely beautiful! Congrats and enjoy!
Thebluewatchlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2022, 06:51 PM   #38
TimepieceRPP
"TRF" Member

congratulations, such a beauty! :)
TimepieceRPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2022, 04:56 AM   #39
CoveWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP
absolutely gorgeous!
CoveWatch is offline   Reply With Quote