The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 March 2024, 12:33 AM   #31
Smobews
"TRF" Member

Watch: The BIG ones
FYI...

my in-laws house was robbed. The thieves ransack the night stand and sock and underwear drawers. ripped them to shreds. Police told them that this is the first place they look. This is where all of the goodies are usually stashed; watches, jewelry, and guns. if you keep a watch box or watch winder with multiple watches in them, you are providing a great carrying case for the thieves to quickly take them.
Smobews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2024, 12:33 AM   #32
raky
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blue Sky-Dweller
I wear my watches wherever - I enjoy wearing them to the gym and am careful. They are insured and if any damage occurs I would deal with it.
raky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2024, 01:17 AM   #33
Krash
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
Wearing habits - fine watches

I rotate between 5 watches. I wear a watch all day. But wear my Apple Watch when bike riding and going to the gym. I never sleep with a watch on either. I store them in a watch box in my office.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Krash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2024, 01:31 AM   #34
rufio0811
"TRF" Member

Watch: love em all
I have 4 watches I rotate between, each have their purpose.

1. 116710BLNR- I usually wear 1-2 days during the week to work, depends on what my work day will consist of, otherwise it's my weekend & going out watch.

2. Tudor Black Bay GMT- I wear this one most days to the office and what not, not overly flashy and feels more like a watch to be worn daily.

3. Tudor Heritage Ranger- If I'm not wearing the BBGMT, I'm wearing the Ranger for daily use. It's a strap monster and looks great for casual/business casual.

4. Citizen Promaster Titanium- this is the beater watch, I'll wear this in the gym, the sauna, swimming, running/walking. I actually use the elapsed time more than I thought I would.
rufio0811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2024, 01:35 AM   #35
Ketler
"TRF" Member

I bought my first Rolex some 40 plus years ago because I wanted a high quality, rugged watch that I could wear all day, every day without worry...
Have been doing so ever since...
Ketler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2024, 01:37 AM   #36
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
Retired now for almost three years, I used to rotate my watches daily. Now more likely to wear one for several days before switching to another. I wear my Rolex for pretty much anything, they are not fragile, I wear them mountainbiking which I do almost every day.
My Daytona probably gets the least wear these days but is not babied when I am using it.
I do not rush to a safe every time I remove a watch.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2024, 01:41 AM   #37
Wilco68
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 / YM40 / DJ41
For my insurance cover, my watches have to be either on my wrist or in my safe. So that’s the habit I’ve got into.

My daily is my Apple Watch Ultra for its health monitoring & other functionality that I miss when not wearing it.
Wilco68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2024, 01:46 AM   #38
Quaress
"TRF" Member

In the Czech Republic, they offered me watch insurance up to $6,500 only, golden America and other more economically developed countries :D
Quaress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2024, 01:57 AM   #39
Metro
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallbark View Post
I have a Daytona that I love to wear. However, coming home from work I usually take it of. Going tro the gym, working on the house, etc. makes my Garmin a good choice for evenings and weekends.

Since it is an expensive watch I lock it in to the safe when I get home from work. OK I guess, but a bit of an effort doing that every day.

Do you lock your expensive watches in every time you take them off?

FWIW - the only time I lock my watches away are when I’m in vacation. I lock the ones I leave at home in my safe, and the ones with me on my are all in the hotel safe except the one I’m wearing. All my high value watches are covered in separate policies- the rest are covered on homeowners insurance. I have ~a dozen watches in fairly high rotation, but my Mk2 and Sub get the most daily wear. I use a GShock or a quartz in the gym, on the court, or doing yard work.
Metro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2024, 02:22 AM   #40
dubins930

What I like to do.. is wear it…. Then I set it on the counter, rinse and repeat.
dubins930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2024, 03:14 AM   #41
tsekh
"TRF" Member

I take off my watch when I shower or when I go to bed. But typically I wear my watch around the house, even on days that I know I'm staying in.

It's just a habit thing. I have been wearing watches since I was a little kid and I'm so used to the feeling of having some sort of weight on my wrist. I feel strange when I don't have anything on my wrist.
tsekh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2024, 03:21 AM   #42
GONZO2LR
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Submariner Date
i wear mine all day, night stand when i go to sleep...when working on yard or in garage, just messing around, i sometimes forget, it's made to wear and enjoy..once i was cutting wood and wood dust was every where..i glanced at my sub..all dusty and sweaty..it was so cool....
GONZO2LR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2024, 03:41 AM   #43
lencap
"TRF" Member

In 1981 I bought a new Ladies DJ TT Jubilee/champaign dial watch for my wife's birthday. She wears it daily, and has done so all these years. She wears it to bed, in the shower, doing chores, everywhere and every day.

It's been serviced regularly, and still looks great and keeps accurate time. She has no desire to upgrade or get another. "It's my watch" is her reply. It's just a watch from her perspective, and she uses it exactly that way.

I bought a companion matching watch at the same time. A 36MM DJ TT, Jubilee, black dial/gold hands/gold date ring. It was originally bought with champaign dial, but I bought a black dial from the AD dealer shortly after the original purchase. At that time Rolex didn't require you to return the original dial. It just came back from a recent service, and was returned to me in the very nice green Rolex leather travel pouch. It too keeps great time, looks great and it getting increased wrist time, but shares that with my Tudor BB58 and 2023 DJ 41, smooth bezel, white stick dial, oyster bracelet.

I have to say that over the years I've owned many different watches, while she has had her one and only watch on her wrist every day. Her birthday in June marks 43 years of daily use. Looking back on it, I think she made the better choice - one watch, enjoyed daily, without regard for fads, "collector value" or anything else - perfectly content with her original decision decades ago.
lencap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2024, 07:12 AM   #44
Hardtimes
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 118238
I wear mostly PM and I only take them off if I am truly doing something that would obviously damage it. Life is short!
Hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2024, 07:28 AM   #45
Kingcobb
"TRF" Member

Last week I planted roses and pulled weeds with my sub on...yesterday I rode 5 miles on my bike with my daytona on....2 weeks ago I put out hay with the sub on.....When I take the 4-Hers to camp this summer I will probably put the squale on, but I don't make a habit of taking off watches.

Now, working in the metal or wood shop or banging on something or driving posts...yes sir its coming off. But that was true when I wore invictas.
Kingcobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2024, 07:32 AM   #46
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

I don’t discriminate. I wear all my watches doing whatever.

Unless it’s operating a jackhammer. Then I just wear my Rolex.
Old 21 March 2024, 07:33 AM   #47
Carbon Brakes
Banned

I wear a meteorite gmt while doing yard work and working on my loading dock, forklift, etc.
Carbon Brakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2024, 10:25 AM   #48
Rolex1982
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT Meteorite
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry-57 View Post
i wear all my watches 24/7 in rotation. For certain tasks such as hammering, sawing, grinding, painting, etc., i will take the watch off, regardless of make.
+1
Rolex1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2024, 10:45 AM   #49
KatGirl

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
I wear my watches most all the time, except for when I’m roughhousing with my 6 month old Cockapoo, Teddy, who has sharp nails and teeth. I remove my watch to play with him. He accidentally scratches me. I don’t want him scratching my watches..

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2024, 10:47 AM   #50
cdmorenot

Watch: Rolex & Omega
I work from home and have worked from home for the past 6 years. I have a 10 watch rotation and a Fitbit.

A different watch every week. All others inside the safe. Fitbit when I exercise, normally after work.

Watch comes off whenever I have to perform a task that could cause extensive damage to the watch.
Old 21 March 2024, 11:00 AM   #51
chappuy1750

I have a number of vintage watches that get taken off near water and some watches I won't wear when playing (practicing/performing) because of comfort. Otherwise, anything goes.
chappuy1750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2024, 11:13 AM   #52
2loaded
"TRF" Member

Watch: es watches
Channel your inner Hans Wilsdorf and wear that watch !
2loaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 March 2024, 11:38 AM   #53
Jack_Bauer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufio0811 View Post

1. 116710BLNR- I usually wear 1-2 days during the week to work, depends on what my work day will consist of, otherwise it's my weekend & going out watch.

2. Tudor Black Bay GMT- I wear this one most days to the office and what not, not overly flashy and feels more like a watch to be worn daily.

3. Tudor Heritage Ranger- If I'm not wearing the BBGMT, I'm wearing the Ranger for daily use. It's a strap monster and looks great for casual/business casual.

4. Citizen Promaster Titanium- this is the beater watch, I'll wear this in the gym, the sauna, swimming, running/walking. I actually use the elapsed time more than I thought I would.
Nice strategy, this is similar to my plan once I get my Rolex. My plan is to look something like:

1. Submariner - weekend watch but also mixing it up occasionally during the week
2. GS SBGX261 - on brown strap - business casual office watch which can also be used in casual or more dressy situations.
3. Seiko SPB317 - mechanical beater watch for going to sketchy areas, traveling, or places where I don't want to attract attention. Also, can wear this to work and put different straps on it.
4. Casio F91W - digital beater watch for gym or the toughest / messiest of tasks

Basically three beaters and one nice watch. That being said, this is all theoretical until I get my Rolex!
Jack_Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2024, 07:03 AM   #54
rufio0811
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
Nice strategy, this is similar to my plan once I get my Rolex. My plan is to look something like:

1. Submariner - weekend watch but also mixing it up occasionally during the week
2. GS SBGX261 - on brown strap - business casual office watch which can also be used in casual or more dressy situations.
3. Seiko SPB317 - mechanical beater watch for going to sketchy areas, traveling, or places where I don't want to attract attention. Also, can wear this to work and put different straps on it.
4. Casio F91W - digital beater watch for gym or the toughest / messiest of tasks

Basically three beaters and one nice watch. That being said, this is all theoretical until I get my Rolex!

That’s a solid lineup!

Personally if I had a Sub I would probably wear it every day. I love my Batman but I do feel like the polished center links make it too flashy for my taste to wear daily. I have my name down for a black sub, my AD said 6 months to a year wait, either I’ll wait or buy one on the gray market if I find a good deal.

I got my Batman from Nashville watch, I’d recommend looking through their website because they have very reasonable gray market prices.
Old 22 March 2024, 07:06 AM   #55
2001jesper
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234
My collection lives next to the coffeemachine; Dont wear a watch when doing sports or out have drinks late at night
2001jesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 March 2024, 08:42 AM   #56
egamos
Banned

I wear my watches 24/7, I put it in the winder anytime it's not on my wrist.
egamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2024, 12:43 AM   #57
rufio0811
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufio0811 View Post

My apologies if this comes across as post whoring, I’m new here & originally wanted to share this photo in my original post, now that I have enough posts to share, here’s my usual rotation
Old 23 March 2024, 01:04 AM   #58
jaychief
"TRF" Member

Watch: Deepsea
As much as I luv watches... I live in my Garmin, great watch... Going for pint the watches come out!!!!
jaychief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 March 2024, 01:34 AM   #59
Jackie Daytona
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 16750
I wear them pretty much from the minute I wake up until I go to sleep. I usually take it off for the gym but occasionally wear it there as well. No special habits at night either. Just off the wrist and on to the bedside table, although I do tend to put it on a coaster or something.
Old 23 March 2024, 04:25 AM   #60
Boopie
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Every night, and also when it’s off temporarily during the day, I put it in a Rolex service pouch and then in a valet box. My other unworn ones go in the safe. But no, if I take mine off to wash my car in my driveway, it doesn’t go in the safe.
Boopie is offline   Reply With Quote