The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 25 December 2019, 01:37 PM   #1
kieselguhr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1601
Tudor NorthFlag discontinued in NA?

(Image from google)

Was told today that the NorthFlag is one of the references being pulled from the North American market. Other references are from their dressier lines that aren’t doing so hot in our market.

Such a shame. I know it’s no Rolex lookalike hence the abysmal popularity, but it is the first Tudor to feature an in house movement and the first in the Rolex family to feature a power reserve.

In any case, the only evidence I can provide is the North Flag bracelet that I ordered from my AD 3 weeks ago has had its processing status changed from approved to back order. When the AD followed up on why, distributor said that the North Flag is getting the axe. Not exactly the most conclusive evidence but if anyone else has heard similar news do share.
kieselguhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2019, 02:43 PM   #2
GradyPhilpott
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Tissot Desire
Anything is possible.

I've got mine, so I'm good to go!

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
GradyPhilpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2019, 02:52 PM   #3
GBD
"TRF" Member

I've always liked the NF. Was hoping they would expand the line at some point to add additional colorways.
GBD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2019, 03:30 PM   #4
kieselguhr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1601
Tudor NorthFlag discontinued in NA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyPhilpott View Post
Anything is possible.

I've got mine, so I'm good to go!

Honestly Grady, your pictures of this watch and your NF appreciation thread is what alerted me to the existence of this reference. Had I known about this watch I may not have bothered with the Black Bay.

I am a sucker for the Genta-esque design of the NorthFlag. I had to have mine. Got it for a steal from a trusted seller (thanks Alex) because I could not find one in Vegas ADs brand new.

My AD said they will do everything they can to get me the bracelet. Even if they had to get it from Switzerland.
kieselguhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 December 2019, 03:37 PM   #5
GradyPhilpott
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Tissot Desire
Quote:
Originally Posted by kieselguhr View Post
Honestly Grady, your pictures of this watch and your NF appreciation thread is what alerted me to the existence of this reference. Had I known about this watch I may not have bothered with the Black Bay.

I am a sucker for the Genta-esque design of the NorthFlag. I had to have mine. Got it for a steal from a trusted seller (thanks Alex) because I could not find one in Vegas ADs brand new.

My AD said they will do everything they can to get me the bracelet. Even if they had to get it from Switzerland.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
GradyPhilpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2020, 07:01 AM   #6
buckeyechemie
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 16622
Quote:
Originally Posted by kieselguhr View Post

(Image from google)

Was told today that the NorthFlag is one of the references being pulled from the North American market. Other references are from their dressier lines that aren’t doing so hot in our market.

Such a shame. I know it’s no Rolex lookalike hence the abysmal popularity, but it is the first Tudor to feature an in house movement and the first in the Rolex family to feature a power reserve.

In any case, the only evidence I can provide is the North Flag bracelet that I ordered from my AD 3 weeks ago has had its processing status changed from approved to back order. When the AD followed up on why, distributor said that the North Flag is getting the axe. Not exactly the most conclusive evidence but if anyone else has heard similar news do share.
I heard the same just before Christmas. This explains why one AD quoted me a price and another who checked into ordering one told me that it was discontinued.

Rolex 16622 YM Platinum Dial; Rolex 116610LV Submariner Hulk; Omega 212.30.42.50.03.001 Seamaster 300m Chrono; Hamilton H705595 Khaki Field Champagne Dial; Seiko SKX781K1 Orange Monster; Citizen BJ700052E Nighthawk; Straton Speciale Ver. D; Steinhart 103-0662 Ocean Titanium 500 GMT; Dailos Waveform Teal Dial; Raven Trekker 39; Nodus Contrail II Arctic White
buckeyechemie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2020, 04:44 AM   #7
Joethebiz
"TRF" Member

Yes, alas, such a shame. The FIRST Tudor with in house movement, the first in Rolex family to have power reserve, but obviously did not meet sales expectations. So the hatchet was brought in...
I do not expect it will have much difference in valuation until 20 or 30 years from now it will be hailed as a MUST HAVE. Then, who knows,...probably alot like the Omega TINTIN.
Double the price.
Joethebiz is offline   Reply With Quote