The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 19 September 2021, 04:51 AM   #1
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
Dabbling with the idea of this trade

I have a Bluesy that I don’t wear often. Thought about trading it for a GMT in steel and everose ( Root Beer).

Are the Root Beers available in the USA? Would I have to put money in? My Bluesy is probably worth more than I paid for it in 2018. I paid close to the then MSRP.

Just dabbling. May not do it.
scarlet knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2021, 04:58 AM   #2
Madison1
"TRF" Member

Had both. Now just have the rootbeer. I think the bluesy dial is absolutely stunning but I always felt the yg made it all a little flashy. The rootbeer is much more subtle. What I love about it is the brown part of the bezel seems to transform in different lights to burgundy, black or cappuccino. I think the rrp on the rootbeer is slightly higher and I believe they are more covered on the grey market so may be a premium over the bluesy.

Just to let you know why / how I made my decison. I essentially sold off my collection a few years ago (would have got a lot more cash today) because nothing was an absolute keeper. I got an SD43 which I love and will never sell as I wore it at my son's birth. I then bought a Red OP that I never quite gelled with (love the Tiffany), a Wimbledon I wanted to love but felt a little monochromatic a bluesy and a rootbeer. The rootbeer got way more wrist time than anything else other than the SD43. So it was almost a pairing down. I am sure there is a line of thought to say keep both but I tend to let my wearing decide.

Best of luck.
Madison1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2021, 06:15 AM   #3
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madison1 View Post
Had both. Now just have the rootbeer. I think the bluesy dial is absolutely stunning but I always felt the yg made it all a little flashy. The rootbeer is much more subtle. What I love about it is the brown part of the bezel seems to transform in different lights to burgundy, black or cappuccino. I think the rrp on the rootbeer is slightly higher and I believe they are more covered on the grey market so may be a premium over the bluesy.

Just to let you know why / how I made my decison. I essentially sold off my collection a few years ago (would have got a lot more cash today) because nothing was an absolute keeper. I got an SD43 which I love and will never sell as I wore it at my son's birth. I then bought a Red OP that I never quite gelled with (love the Tiffany), a Wimbledon I wanted to love but felt a little monochromatic a bluesy and a rootbeer. The rootbeer got way more wrist time than anything else other than the SD43. So it was almost a pairing down. I am sure there is a line of thought to say keep both but I tend to let my wearing decide.

Best of luck.
I, too, did not bond with a Wimbledon and I agree with you on the Bluesy. Beautiful face, gold PCLs too blingy. I will continue to investigate.
scarlet knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2021, 08:13 AM   #4
Philadelphialawyer1
"TRF" Member

I passed on TT subs multiple times over last 2 years. I'm coming to the conclusion that they look better on others. But God damn they are nice.
Philadelphialawyer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2021, 08:36 AM   #5
JRell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLNR Jubilee
I had both and now only have the bluesy. Sometimes I loved the root beer (nice dinner out, darker room) as the brown was darker looking, almost burgundy at times, like you see in photos. But most of the time it is a milky light brown, I just didn’t bond with it. I much prefer the bluesy, but that is just my opinion. I also have the new bluesy, not the former model. Having had both, to my eyes the rose and yellow gold are not that much different, but again just my opinion. If they changed the brown to a dark burgundy or green, I am all in on that GMT. One last note, while these two are probably the most popular TT watches, they couldn’t be more different. If you are looking for a more formal dressier watch to complement a more sporty watch, get the root beer. If you are like me and have a standard black sub that can be worn at any event, the bluesy is a nice complement. My 124060 fills the void for the root beer for me. I wouldn’t want either though as my one and only. One is too sporty and one is too dressy, neither are overly easy to match what you wear.
Old 19 September 2021, 08:40 AM   #6
Krash
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
Dabbling with the idea of this trade

I’d keep the Bluesy and wouldn’t consider such a trade. But it’s your watch, do what you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Krash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2021, 08:46 AM   #7
Seddyspaghetti
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN
I’d do it. But you’d probably need to throw some cash in due to higher demand for rootbeer.
Seddyspaghetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2021, 08:51 AM   #8
Xerxes77
Banned

I don’t like the brown on the bezel…
Still hope Rolex to release a TT with rose gold
Xerxes77 is offline   Reply With Quote