The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 26 September 2019, 05:18 PM   #1
kingaustin
"TRF" Member

AP 15202 retail

need someone to find me one at retail please
kingaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2019, 06:03 PM   #2
robertengel
"TRF" Member

The wait times are not outrageous, you should sing up and wait 6-9 months!
robertengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2019, 06:16 PM   #3
grievor
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertengel View Post
I believe you have to be a VIP client at the boutique to even get on that waitlist
grievor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2019, 06:28 PM   #4
myporsche
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex♠Lange
Just buy another watch, its no big deal when you take out FOMO factor. Plenty of nice other AP and non AP watches out there.
myporsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2019, 09:52 PM   #5
korneevy
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, VC, RLX, BP
Buy a tourby at your friendly neighborhood boutique and one of 15202 will magically materialise in a matter of minutes/hours/a few days. If you just hoping to buy the Jumbo at retail and not a VIP wth AP directly, i think you better off starting a savings plan so you can get one from greys at ~ 50-70% mark up as the retail option isn't gonna happen anytime soon. If you already have the cash to pay retail, saving up the extra wont be too hard.
korneevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2019, 11:07 PM   #6
sharpwrist
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yeah man, im not so sure about that. I called every Boutique in the US and only one was willing to add me to the list, but warned me it was many years long. When time came for me to put down a deposit, they told me that they were sorry, they were no longer allowed to take deposits until they cleared the back log. Maybe different outside the US but i dont think you are getting in there without a significant buying history.
sharpwrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2019, 03:54 AM   #7
Likestheshiny
"TRF" Member

The Vegas boutique quite refreshingly and straightforwardly described to me that certain watches are likely to only ever be available for their VIP clients. The clerk was nice enough to let me try on a 15202, which was going to a buyer as a perk with one of AP's multi-100k watches.

Of course, the global economy could crash tomorrow and we might be back to the days when you could even negotiable a discount on these (which wasn't so long ago). But right now, waiting lists for regular folks are just a polite way of being told you're not getting the watch.
Likestheshiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2019, 04:36 AM   #8
othertbone
Banned

Watch: Rolex/AP/Vin Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Likestheshiny View Post
The Vegas boutique quite refreshingly and straightforwardly described to me that certain watches are likely to only ever be available for their VIP clients. The clerk was nice enough to let me try on a 15202, which was going to a buyer as a perk with one of AP's multi-100k watches.

Of course, the global economy could crash tomorrow and we might be back to the days when you could even negotiable a discount on these (which wasn't so long ago). But right now, waiting lists for regular folks are just a polite way of being told you're not getting the watch.

Don't hold your breath on the economy thing, CNN doesn't have a crystal ball, but they sure know how to scare people
othertbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2019, 04:45 AM   #9
GB-man
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Ha good luck with that
Old 27 September 2019, 06:06 AM   #10
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
In London the 202 was a wait piece even before Brexit, so imagine in any half decent sized City 1 year would be the minimum wait if they really really like you.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2019, 04:23 PM   #11
msm2
"TRF" Member

If you find a time machine to go back 5 years you might luck out and find one available at retail...today...I would just try to find a 15500 and put your name down for the 15202.
msm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2019, 07:30 PM   #12
robertengel
"TRF" Member

I was calling a boutique in Europe about three months ago and they said they would be able to deliver in 2020. Now, of course, that may not be the same across the globe I did start by telling them I am local though, it seems to be a factor increasingly for Rolex, AP and Patek. Not arguing that it should be the same across the world but perhaps try and walk in so they can see you are enthusiastic and that you are wanting to buy to own, but that is a pretty standard recommendation for all watches lately. From what I understood retailers selling popular watches are generally fed up with phone calls where guys just speed dial through all the boutiques.
robertengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2019, 08:46 AM   #13
Greedy_Gekko
"TRF" Member

The AD once showed one to me but since I was not a client he couldn’t sell it to me.
Greedy_Gekko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2019, 09:04 AM   #14
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingaustin View Post
need someone to find me one at retail please
Me too, let me know when you find it...
GoingPlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2019, 12:44 PM   #15
blacke90
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP||Panerai||Rolex
Quote:

Serious or joking here?
blacke90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2019, 05:17 PM   #16
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks. Now I know I won't buy from the Vegas Boutique. :(

I hate when salespeople let other people try on a watch that's actually earmarked for someone already.

Don't get random peoples' skin flakes on my hard to get watches, please.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2019, 11:37 PM   #17
jkesquire
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Thanks. Now I know I won't buy from the Vegas Boutique. :(

I hate when salespeople let other people try on a watch that's actually earmarked for someone already.

Don't get random peoples' skin flakes on my hard to get watches, please.
Before I was able to secure my own 15202, the Paris boutique let me try one on that was earmarked for someone. It was fully stickered and wrapped, and no skin was able to touch any part of the actual watch. Maybe the vegas boutique let him try it on under those circumstances?
jkesquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2019, 12:08 AM   #18
RolexZen
"TRF" Member

Watch: No Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkesquire View Post
Before I was able to secure my own 15202, the Paris boutique let me try one on that was earmarked for someone. It was fully stickered and wrapped, and no skin was able to touch any part of the actual watch. Maybe the vegas boutique let him try it on under those circumstances?

Yeah, these watches are seriously wrapped before purchase.

Besides, ear-marked in these cases don’t necessarily mean the watch is pre-sold—rather, they got it in and are first going to offer it to a big spender, one who has maybe showed interest in the past. But the big-spenders are not always just looking for the hot SS watches, and sometimes pass. That’s why, if you are able to get on a waitlist and put down a deposit, they’ll frequently beat their estimated wait period.
RolexZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2019, 01:41 PM   #19
Muxi
"TRF" Member

That’s one thing that I like about AP. The watch is entirely shrink-wrapped at the factory after QC. That way, you don’t really need to inspect the purchase too closely. Once you get it home and unwrap, it is simply pristine and flawless.
Muxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2019, 02:24 AM   #20
blacke90
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP||Panerai||Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muxi View Post
That’s one thing that I like about AP. The watch is entirely shrink-wrapped at the factory after QC. That way, you don’t really need to inspect the purchase too closely. Once you get it home and unwrap, it is simply pristine and flawless.

Soo true. Best feeling is when you peel away the bluish green taps on the RO and then unwrap the clear plastic.
blacke90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2019, 03:34 AM   #21
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
Quote:

Vegas guys are nice. They showed me an 15407or once. After 2 years of saying hello. I finally started a relationship this year
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2019, 07:23 PM   #22
myporsche
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_ninja View Post
Vegas guys are nice. They showed me an 15407or once. After 2 years of saying hello. I finally started a relationship this year
Pretty boring and lame when I visited a week ago. It will take all your energy to strike up a convo while you can hear pins drop and this is coming a form a paying customer not someone who was asking about any watches,
Old 30 September 2019, 07:23 PM   #23
myporsche
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_ninja View Post
Believe it or not Rolex down the hall (Crystals) was so much more fun and refreshing.