The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 9 November 2020, 07:03 AM   #1
spoilsofwar01
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing Rainclouds
Tudor Black Bay

Ive some funds that I'm freeing up so i've been mulling over the thought of adding to my current line up,

5513 Submariner 1968
114270 Explorer 2005
Smiths W10 1968
Tissot Seastar 2011

I did toy with the idea of a Tudor Ranger some moths back and then a Tissot came along and I really like it as an every day tool watch.

so as I know nothing about the Tudor Black Bay 58 ? is there anything I should be looking out for other than the normal buyer beware items,

many thanks in advance for any input, "H"
Smiths W10 1968
Tissot Seastar 2011
spoilsofwar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2020, 11:19 PM   #2
12eight
"TRF" Member

I really enjoy my Tudor Black Bay 58 on leather, then picked up a Nato Band that Tudor makes and it really changes the look of the watch. I just prefer the older model as it is a bit larger in diameter.
12eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2020, 12:19 AM   #3
Dave455
"TRF" Member

First off - great collection! Very “balanced”, something for every occasion! For what it’s worth, I have a Sub and an Explorer too, they are great complements!, and work well together.

Tudors are great! I must admit I have several (I’m wearing one now - Black Bay Dark shown below). They complement Rolex watches very well, sharing many similar characteristics, but perhaps being developed in ways that Rolex could not, their designs being such classics.

I can understand why you like the BB 58, the size is perfect. What I don’t like, is the use of the gold hands and minute marks in an attempt to give it a vintage look. I have one pseudo vintage Tudor (Black Bay with red bezel) I totally love it, but don’t need another. If you like that look, the BB58 is probably the best out there. Tudor quality is just spot on right now, and the MT movement is awesome!

For a modern functional watch, consider a Pelagos. The titanium compensates for the bulk and it’s very wearable. Maybe what the Submariner would have become if it wasn’t such as classic. Consider a Black Bay Steel too, or maybe a Black Bay GMT.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 1438392A-7CD9-48CE-AA6E-FDF1529A94CD.jpeg (74.0 KB, 109 views)
Dave455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2020, 06:28 PM   #4
Vivalas
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
My son has a 58 and absolutely loves it. Definitely one of the best Tudors IMO.
Vivalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2020, 11:36 PM   #5
1William
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
The 58 is a great watch and even for someone like me with large wrists it works well. The in-house movement is strong and the strap options are endless. The most difficult choice will be Black or Blue for the model.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote