The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 18 February 2021, 12:25 AM   #1
Easy E
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Zenith Chronomaster Sport advice

I have it my head that a Zenith Chronomaster Sport is now on my shortlist. I think the watch looks great and I can dig the 1/10th chrono mechanics. I can appreciate both flavors (white and black), but slightly more drawn to the white. Again, both ring a bell with me. However, once upon time I had a white Daytona that was what I thought would be my grail piece but after getting it I actually hated the watch. I found the hands easily "evaporated" into the dial under a variety of lighting conditions / lighting angles - certainly relative to other sport watches (see photos).

The problem, I believe, with the Daytona purchase is I was never able to actually see the watch prior to the purchase, only interwebs photos. I will have that same issue with the Zenith in that I don't think I have a Zenith AD anywhere near me. So, the direct question is have any of you actually laid eyes on the new models (both colors) and can you advise on overall legibility? Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 500C Low Light.JPG (83.9 KB, 227 views)
File Type: jpg LowLightDaytona LR.JPG (53.4 KB, 220 views)
Easy E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2021, 05:42 AM   #2
trippinjimmy
"TRF" Member

In this case, the correct answer might be both...honestly though, I love this watch. I ordered the white one, and it's supposed to be in the middle of this month (hopefully any day now), but I am second guessing my decision. The black is stunning.

This vid shows the black in its glory. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhd1TuqS5L4

Here shows both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27rdkd6SZQk&t=283s

Hope that helps. I'll try to snap pics if I can see both when I go to pick up mine.
trippinjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2021, 05:53 AM   #3
dmb359

I think they look great. Was a little worried about size at first, and being a little large, but seeing the L2L length and hearing from some people that tried it on that it wears small has me more confident in it.

I am getting a black dial, I think it looks better in the Zenith, and I already have a white dial daytona (but I absolutely love my Daytona)
Old 18 February 2021, 01:25 PM   #4
ELLimon
"TRF" Member

Black dial will be much more Readable.

I was going to get the white, but found something that is keeping me happy with the ceramic, white dial Chrono I was craving.
ELLimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2021, 10:48 PM   #5
samson66

Watch: my money leaving!
Quote:
Originally Posted by trippinjimmy View Post
In this case, the correct answer might be both...honestly though, I love this watch. I ordered the white one, and it's supposed to be in the middle of this month (hopefully any day now), but I am second guessing my decision. The black is stunning.

This vid shows the black in its glory. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhd1TuqS5L4

Here shows both.

Hope that helps. I'll try to snap pics if I can see both when I go to pick up mine.
Wow that black does look good. I was thinking white all the way before checking out that first video. That is a gorgeous watch. The movement is incredible looking, maybe the best I've seen.
samson66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2021, 12:06 AM   #6
Easy E

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippinjimmy View Post

Here shows both.

Thanks, great videos. Please do post pics when yours arrives.
Easy E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2021, 12:55 AM   #7
trippinjimmy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
Wow that black does look good. I was thinking white all the way before checking out that first video. That is a gorgeous watch. The movement is incredible looking, maybe the best I've seen.
I loved my EP when I had it...just didn't like the L2L length on my 6.75" wrist. They shaved like 6mm off, so this one should wear amazingly!

And yes, the movement is great!
Old 19 February 2021, 02:56 AM   #8
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
I have it my head that a Zenith Chronomaster Sport is now on my shortlist. I think the watch looks great and I can dig the 1/10th chrono mechanics. I can appreciate both flavors (white and black), but slightly more drawn to the white. Again, both ring a bell with me. However, once upon time I had a white Daytona that was what I thought would be my grail piece but after getting it I actually hated the watch. I found the hands easily "evaporated" into the dial under a variety of lighting conditions / lighting angles - certainly relative to other sport watches (see photos).

The problem, I believe, with the Daytona purchase is I was never able to actually see the watch prior to the purchase, only interwebs photos. I will have that same issue with the Zenith in that I don't think I have a Zenith AD anywhere near me. So, the direct question is have any of you actually laid eyes on the new models (both colors) and can you advise on overall legibility? Thanks.

Lol, I am in the same boat as you. Took me years to get my Daytona thinking it was my grail, once I got it, the legibility and excessive shine was a problem and not having a date, so this zenith checks all the boxes.
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2021, 04:49 AM   #9
trippinjimmy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E View Post

Here's a video of the white one from Fratello.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOpZ5pb9_ts

My favorite part "the el primero is not as iconic as the daytona." Interesting choice of words since Rolex used the EP movement in its daytona prior to developing its own chrono movement.