The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 11 June 2021, 11:27 AM   #121
watchtabs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SL BRABUS View Post
IMHO the 5167 look way better on your wrist than the 5712.....

Thanks for sharing the good old memories....

Cheers my friend - glad to see you're still around here!

watchtabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2021, 11:42 AM   #122
watchtabs
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post

Only because people are fabricating this to fuel making a quick buck.

There's no intrinsic increase in the underlying value of these assets.

Maybe in 50 years, when some of these become "vintage" watches.

Same people are trying to get you to believe that $DOGE is actually worth something. Or $SHIB.

Precisely.

Sell when others are greedy, buy when they are fearful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

watchtabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2021, 11:53 AM   #123
Maxy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murcielagoboy2 View Post
As long as my safety isn't at risk, and what I'm wearing is fully insured (which they are), I don't think about it.
Do you expect that insurance to buy you 100k watch in gray market for your 30k insured watch? They may give you 30K back but they won't buy it for 100k to replace you!
Maxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2021, 11:59 AM   #124
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxy View Post
Do you expect that insurance to buy you 100k watch in gray market for your 30k insured watch? They may give you 30K back but they won't buy it for 100k to replace you!
If they agreed to 100k itemized, then yes, it’s 100k in the event the policy triggers.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 June 2021, 08:03 PM   #125
cascavel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911AP View Post
Yes ,but getting those home loans were really easy. The financial times are completely different. People are cash rich. It's not that easy to get a loan for 50-60k to go buy a watch with it. The housing market was propped up by debt and then more crap on top of it. This market is fueled by cash purchases. It's not an apples to apples comparison.

Again if someone who does not get emotionally attached is able to get a loan say 30k to buy a 15202 at retail and sell it for 80-100k, that's not a bad move. If they keep it till it blows then that's retarded. But even if it blows that 15202 isn't going under 30k ever again probably. So they will still make out. Watch market won't move up or down as fast as the housing market. People who are in it with debt will have time to get out. The 15202 or 5711 isn't going to go from 100k to 30k overnight. The 5990r isn't going to go from 400k to 100k over night.
Wow, it's incredible that someone actually remembers what happened in 2009 and can explain the difference between that and today's government dollar printing fueled expansion where there is no debt and no one has to pay anyone back.
cascavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2021, 02:58 AM   #126
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cascavel View Post
Wow, it's incredible that someone actually remembers what happened in 2009 and can explain the difference between that and today's government dollar printing fueled expansion where there is no debt and no one has to pay anyone back.
PPE for Lambo?
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2021, 11:06 AM   #127
hdfb910
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxy View Post

With Jewelers Mutual all you do is submit a current appraisal for replacement value and that is what they will insure it for. …for a price of course.

Patek Philippe 5711/1A-010, Patek Philippe 5170G, Patek Philippe 5227R, Audemar Piguet 15400or, Audemar Piguet 15707ce, Audemar Piguet 26331IP, Audemar 15500 Blue dial, Rolex Pepsi 16710, Rolex Sub 116619LB (Smurf) F.P Journe Platinum Chronometre Souverain, Old School Breitling SuperOcean A17360, Jaeger LeCoultre Geophysic Tru Seconds

Instagram: @donpedro_007
hdfb910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2021, 11:32 AM   #128
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdfb910 View Post
With Jewelers Mutual all you do is submit a current appraisal for replacement value and that is what they will insure it for. …for a price of course.

All insurance policies work this way.

Of course, you need to keep up with the rising values. So it's a bit rough right now.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2021, 09:55 PM   #129
Daytonaman799
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek
I have a 5712 that I bought new under list in 2007. It’s a great watch and I still wear it. I swim with it, I wear it to the beach,etc. I will admit I don’t wear it as much as I used to but I think it’s because it’s no longer under the radar and has some connotations I don’t love. My daily wearer has been a Pepsi GMT my wife got me in Feb for my birthday...but I wear that because my kids were so excited to see me get it that it’s a sentimental thing and when I don’t wear it they are like why aren’t you wearing our present?
Daytonaman799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2021, 12:50 AM   #130
pdnb
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5726, 5212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytonaman799 View Post
I have a 5712 that I bought new under list in 2007. It’s a great watch and I still wear it. I swim with it, I wear it to the beach,etc. I will admit I don’t wear it as much as I used to but I think it’s because it’s no longer under the radar and has some connotations I don’t love. My daily wearer has been a Pepsi GMT my wife got me in Feb for my birthday...but I wear that because my kids were so excited to see me get it that it’s a sentimental thing and when I don’t wear it they are like why aren’t you wearing our present?

I like this story. Challenging to tell your kids you have lots of choices so the Pepsi is in rotation

pdnb is offline   Reply With Quote