The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 5 November 2021, 06:01 AM   #31
pearson1995
"TRF" Member

Hi, I’m a lucky owner of both watches so I’ll share my opinion. They are very different watches. They can co-exist perfectly in a collection. The Daytona is a very well built watch which I feel I can wear to the gym, or to the shops. I wear it often with t shirt and don’t feel I have to baby it.
The 15450 is very elegant and feels far more special in the hand. However, it feels very delicate so I avoid wearing it with a t shirt and would not dream of wearing it to the gym.
The date function does make it very useful for day to day wear, but I equally find the chronograph complication very useful.
In short I would say I am 51% / 49% in favour of the Royal Oak. Really not a lot in it but if I absolutely had to choose that would be my pick.
With the 15450, the silver dial is actually a beauty and I would argue under appreciated in the watch world.
No wrong choices here!

Old 26 November 2021, 01:47 PM   #32
yOyOYoo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearson1995 View Post
Hi, I’m a lucky owner of both watches so I’ll share my opinion. They are very different watches. They can co-exist perfectly in a collection. The Daytona is a very well built watch which I feel I can wear to the gym, or to the shops. I wear it often with t shirt and don’t feel I have to baby it.
The 15450 is very elegant and feels far more special in the hand. However, it feels very delicate so I avoid wearing it with a t shirt and would not dream of wearing it to the gym.
The date function does make it very useful for day to day wear, but I equally find the chronograph complication very useful.
In short I would say I am 51% / 49% in favour of the Royal Oak. Really not a lot in it but if I absolutely had to choose that would be my pick.
With the 15450, the silver dial is actually a beauty and I would argue under appreciated in the watch world.
No wrong choices here!

A pair of beautiful watches. Interesting how the 37mm RO looks like it would wear bigger than the 40mm Daytona.
yOyOYoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 November 2021, 04:07 PM   #33
Roccio
"TRF" Member

Had both as daily watches. 15450 is definitely the more delicate of the two primarily because of the finishing. But aside from several nicks the RO stood up quite well to swimming, running, gym, motorcycle, etc. with no technical problems. It might "feel" fragile but in terms of everyday use they are not that different imo. With that being said I'd just keep the daytonaC if you already have a jumbo.
Roccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 November 2021, 03:29 AM   #34
Jsol
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT, AP, DD,

I've had them both and size wide they feel comparable. The blue dial vs white- pick the RO in blue. White vs white, i'd go Panda Daytona tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk