The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 30 November 2021, 08:36 AM   #31
RealMadrid1988
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona | BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaTuna View Post
All the boutiques are very nice. AD's not so much when it comes to Rolex, AP and Patek. Many people confuse an AD that may have a brand specific store, like a Rolex store. It is not a boutique.
Huh? A monobrand Rolex AD is indeed a boutique, even if it isn’t owned by Rolex (indeed, there is only one Rolex-owned boutique in the world, which is located in Switzerland).
RealMadrid1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2021, 08:39 AM   #32
RealMadrid1988
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona | BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBallerBrand View Post
I’m still confused about the difference between a boutique and an AD. What’s the main difference? Thx
A boutique is monobrand (i.e., only sells the brand in question). An AD can be a boutique or non-boutique — that is, all boutiques of a brand are ADs, but not all ADs are boutiques.

The above is not to be confused with the idea of corporate-owned boutiques (e.g., AP boutique NYC) vs. non-corporate-owned boutiques (e.g., AP boutique Las Vegas (owned by Westime)).
RealMadrid1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2021, 11:29 AM   #33
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBallerBrand View Post
Any harm in trying all of them?
Just FYI, all the boutiques can see your wishlist, buying history and any other info AP might have collected about you. So visiting every boutique one can and asking to be put on waiting lists for hot models may or may not be a smart strategy. At least one needs to make sure you keep the story straight (the manager of a boutique in Europe recently gave me a run down of the dossier AP had compiled on me - it was hilarious).
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2021, 12:58 PM   #34
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
Just FYI, all the boutiques can see your wishlist, buying history and any other info AP might have collected about you. So visiting every boutique one can and asking to be put on waiting lists for hot models may or may not be a smart strategy. At least one needs to make sure you keep the story straight (the manager of a boutique in Europe recently gave me a run down of the dossier AP had compiled on me - it was hilarious).
And….what did it say!??

Serious question. I am curious what a compiled profile looks like. Ha.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2021, 01:09 PM   #35
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrowatch View Post
And….what did it say!??

Serious question. I am curious what a compiled profile looks like. Ha.
Most of it expected - state of collection/buying history, wish list, occupation, martial status, occupation of spouse, number of kids, home/business location, but also some commentary/psych evaluation on family, travels, interests etc. Didn't catch everything because I was laughing so hard.
Old 30 November 2021, 07:33 PM   #36
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Most of it expected - state of collection/buying history, wish list, occupation, martial status, occupation of spouse, number of kids, home/business location, but also some commentary/psych evaluation on family, travels, interests etc. Didn't catch everything because I was laughing so hard.
Less information to get a bloody mortgage
Mini2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2021, 07:40 PM   #37
Nav01L
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Psych evaluation? Like client mentally unstable, has an unhealthy affliction with our luxury trinkets? Wouldn’t that apply to mostly anyone walking in there?

Remember, the dignity you surrender at your AD‘s doorstep will never be recovered by wearing the watch he may get you.
Nav01L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2021, 03:54 AM   #38
smallcollector
"TRF" Member

Quote:
wow are you serious?
smallcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2021, 04:01 AM   #39
nsarkas
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I hope that’s not the case; I might be ok with chatting, but definitely not for it all to be recorded
nsarkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2021, 04:41 AM   #40
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsarkas View Post
I hope that’s not the case; I might be ok with chatting, but definitely not for it all to be recorded
I hope you are not using FB Messenger, free Gmail, or Alexa.

Knowing this now, I will simply go in and start with conversation with I know VogelPheonix personally, and start messing with his recorded profile.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2021, 10:02 AM   #41
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallcollector View Post
wow are you serious?
Well, when AP says they'd like to know their clients, what do you think they mean? As someone already said, it's a microscopic fraction of what any number of internet outfits know about (almost) everyone of us. In this case I at least know what I get in return, i.e., excellent service, even if not every watch I'd like.
Old 1 December 2021, 10:10 AM   #42
youthagainsttt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Piaget,Rolex,AP,HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollinMoses View Post
I would say you would not want to wear it to any office where you do not want to draw substantial attention to your wrist wearing an incredibly flashy (quite literally) watch.

WR is 50 metres I believe, but anyway I full agree that the watch should be a perfectly good daily wear from the point of view of robustness. A tech office might be worse since most tech people are on MacBooks and the metallic cases can be scratchy.
I totally agree with you, wore it a few times to my old workplace & it is very flashy & shiny. If you're in a meeting it's literally the tbjng that's grabbing people's attention if you're speaking etc
youthagainsttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2021, 10:19 AM   #43
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsarkas View Post
Well, one advantage of a written record is that you don't start from scratch if your SA moves (or if you move and work with a different boutique).
Old 2 December 2021, 11:54 PM   #44
www777
"TRF" Member

Do you think a black or grey dial would be much easier to get? Say in under a year on the list?
www777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2021, 12:19 AM   #45
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by www777 View Post
Do you think a black or grey dial would be much easier to get? Say in under a year on the list?
Easier for sure, much easier - maybe, under a year, well, depends on circumstances/luck.
Old 3 December 2021, 01:46 AM   #46
Mini2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I put my name down in 2018
And nothing
Mini2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2021, 02:11 AM   #47
www777
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini2 View Post
And nothing
Wow
www777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2021, 08:35 AM   #48
GW44
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Icon9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini2 View Post
And nothing
I did the same in Spring 2019, I feel your pain…..
GW44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2021, 04:22 PM   #49
Jaypremium
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Wow

Same here smh…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jaypremium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2021, 02:09 AM   #50
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cascavel View Post
Every Grey Market dealer has a large stock of these. They are available to anyone at a price of around 2X MSRP. No prior purchase history required.

Cool story. I’m sure everyone’s dream is to pay an extra 35k.
shaunylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2021, 05:54 AM   #51
dh1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunylw View Post
Cool story. I’m sure everyone’s dream is to pay an extra 35k.
Someone's paying?
dh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2021, 07:31 AM   #52
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh1 View Post
Someone's paying?

Why would he ask how hard is it to get something when everyone understands you can just pay double or triple and have it instantly?
shaunylw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2021, 08:27 AM   #53
dh1
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunylw View Post
Why would he ask how hard is it to get something when everyone understands you can just pay double or triple and have it instantly?
Fair enough. I didn't read the thread carefully so my reply was somewhat of a non sequitur.

That being said, I feel like in some ways the grey market value should be a somewhat reliable answer to "how hard". If grey markets dealers are selling for retail + 35k, and anyone who buys at retail stands to make a pretty big amount of guaranteed profit (not full 35k but a fair bit), it's probably hard. If the markup is 1k, it's probably not too hard.

Of course, I fully admit there are probably cases where it's not as hard as the $$ difference implies...
dh1 is offline   Reply With Quote