The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 3 December 2021, 01:35 AM   #1
vh2k
"TRF" Member

Rolex Named Top UK "Superbrand" for 2nd Consecutive Year

Rolex Proves Timeless As It Is Named Top Brand by Superbrands® UK

Luxury watchmaker Rolex has been voted the UK’s number one Consumer Superbrand for the second year running while marking its twelfth year in a row inside the top twenty.

LEGO, the number one brand in 2018 and 2019, moves to second after a fall to fifth last year, while payment card company Visa comes in third, down one from last year but ahead of rivals Mastercard and PayPal, both of whom remain inside the top twenty.

Dyson places fourth, up eight places, while Andrex retains its top twenty berth for the sixth year in a row, down one position to fifth. Apple retains sixth place, ahead of arch-rival Samsung in tenth, but the battle of the tech giants remains tight, with a mere 1% more consumers voting for the former.

Mercedes-Benz, the top car manufacturer, placed seventh while British Airways rose one to eighth despite the obvious disruption to travel over recent times. Coca Cola remains in the top twenty for the fifteenth year running, placing ninth.

The annual list of the leading Superbrands reveals that despite the Covid pandemic, consumers opted for consistency and familiarity, with only five changes among the leading twenty brands. Lindt was the biggest change and surprise, up 26 places and entering the top twenty for the first time.

Separately, the Superbrands Relevancy Index, which is based on whether consumers believe an individual brand has gained or lost relevance compared with the past, shows the effects of lockdown and staying at home. Netflix, Amazon, PayPal, Deliveroo and Just Eat are within the top ten brands for gaining relevance as households increasingly sign up to TV subscription services, shop online and order more home food deliveries.

This year 1,631 consumer brands were assessed across 81 categories for quality, reliability and distinction, the three factors inherent in a Superbrand, by 2,500 consumers and 38 leading marketing experts on the Consumer Superbrands Council. The research was independently managed by The Centre for Brand Analysis (TCBA), while the consumers were accessed through leading panel provider, Dynata.

https://pressreleases.responsesource...-top-brand-by/
vh2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2021, 02:34 AM   #2
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
Thanks for this report OP. So while not much has changed in the brand recognition status of Rolex in the UK, I think it would be wise to broaden the essence of your thread concerning brand recognition into alternative world markets. I’m of the opinion that Rolex has benefited tremendously from the advent of social media, which has projected the brand to almost cult status in many corners of the world. This outcome could be in part the reason for the hyperbole surrounding the watches and the enormous price increases globally across the whole range of timepieces.
♛ 116689 ♛ 218206 Roman ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Bronzo 671 & 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2021, 07:01 AM   #3
eonflux
"TRF" Member

Visa?
What are they doing in the UK that endears them to consumers?

Lego?
Would certainly be #1 if my toddler were to complete that survey, but I presume for that Superbrand survey, participants were (mostly) adults?
eonflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2021, 07:15 AM   #4
jlovda
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513,1675,216570
Do you have a simple list, in declining order? A lot of words there.
jlovda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 December 2021, 07:17 AM   #5
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
Portfolio (Rolexeses) just jumped another 6.79% on this news.

Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2021, 04:10 PM   #6
mquarter
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5-digit steel
Visa being so high up is funny. They’re as faceless as MasterCard
mquarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2021, 05:02 PM   #7
rambo99
Banned

Watch: SD43,PAM1616,Hulk
if rolex comes first, why pp, ap were not even in the top 20?
rambo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2021, 10:45 PM   #8
supernova
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo99 View Post

Because decades of Rolex master marketing. Ask 100 random people on the street what’s the most luxurious watch brand they know and I’d say 95+ would say Rolex, most outside WIS never heard of PP or AP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
supernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2021, 11:21 PM   #9
rambo99
Banned

Watch: SD43,PAM1616,Hulk
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova View Post
Because decades of Rolex master marketing. Ask 100 random people on the street what’s the most luxurious watch brand they know and I’d say 95+ would say Rolex, most outside WIS never heard of PP or AP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
but as OP said, brands were assessed across 81 categories for quality, reliability and distinction.
rambo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 December 2021, 11:32 PM   #10
A-Wax
"TRF" Member

I'm wondering how Coca-Cola ever dropped out of the top twenty!
A-Wax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2021, 01:05 AM   #11
Krash
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
How could this be? All these experts on TRF kept posting about how supply shortages are going to hurt the brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Krash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2021, 01:07 AM   #12
Krash
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
Rolex Named Top UK "Superbrand" for 2nd Consecutive Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo99 View Post

Because everyone actually has heard of Rolex. Most people have no idea what Patek Phillipe and Audimars Piguet are. I doubt either were among the 1631 super brands evaluated in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Krash is offline   Reply With Quote