The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 4 December 2021, 01:46 PM   #1
bmaier
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14790ba
Does buying an AP actually help with getting allocated another piece?

I got my first AP, a 38mm RO chrono, last year at 24. Ive been in contact with my SA for a few months about getting a 15500OR or 26393NR and was told neither are available nor will they be for some time. They kind of just shut down the whole idea of being allocated a piece anytime soon which led me to my question. I know purchase history is what matters for non celebrity folks but how am i supposed to build one when they wont/cant sell anything to me?
bmaier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2021, 04:09 AM   #2
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Yes and no. My experience so far has been if you just got a hot piece, esp RO, then it 'hurts' you in the sense that you probably won't be getting the gold RO anytime soon.

But if you get a non-hot piece, then it helps like the Re-Master. Of course though, almost everything is hot these days including CODE...so...basically I'm saying I don't know much. The only thing I do know is allocation for year is basically already known, and you are in a super hard market in LA, best to check back in January.

Finally, FWIW, I believe internally the firm was super focused on growing it's client base for the last 2-3 years, and now is shifting to focusing more on how to serve the client base that it just acquired.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2021, 04:34 AM   #3
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
You might get it eventually but it helps if you buy something...anything.
Bearxj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2021, 07:00 AM   #4
GS93108
"TRF" Member

There's more to it than just purchase history, but as macro has said, the focus next year is being directed to the existing customer base rather than acquiring new prospects. Read into that what you will.

Also, unrelated and possibly not news as I've not been playing on here for a while, but with regards to Jumbos, exiting customers who have NOT so far purchased a jumbo will be given priority for the 2022 bday jumbo releases. i.e. if you've had one already then don't expect another one.
GS93108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 02:01 AM   #5
TunaTuna
2024 Pledge Member

If it's a boutique then I'm sure they are being straight to you on your chances. If it's an AD, they do and say whatever they want based on the importance of your account
TunaTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 02:20 AM   #6
maciej
2024 Pledge Member

The boutique and joint ventures share a unified customer relationship management software, and the overall philosophy is that regardless of the place you purchase it, you're acquiring a piece and building a purchase history. If you're purchasing the ladies piece because you genuinely want it, then go for it. If you're doing it only to get the 15500ST, then that's a different story.

Get the pieces you want, be patient, and you'll eventually be rewarded with what you aspire to add to your collection.
maciej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 December 2021, 04:07 AM   #7
bmaier
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS93108 View Post
There's more to it than just purchase history, but as macro has said, the focus next year is being directed to the existing customer base rather than acquiring new prospects. Read into that what you will.

Also, unrelated and possibly not news as I've not been playing on here for a while, but with regards to Jumbos, exiting customers who have NOT so far purchased a jumbo will be given priority for the 2022 bday jumbo releases. i.e. if you've had one already then don't expect another one.
Where did you learn that they will offer jumbos to non jumbo owning existing customers?
Old 6 December 2021, 04:11 AM   #8
bmaier
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciej View Post
The boutique and joint ventures share a unified customer relationship management software, and the overall philosophy is that regardless of the place you purchase it, you're acquiring a piece and building a purchase history. If you're purchasing the ladies piece because you genuinely want it, then go for it. If you're doing it only to get the 15500ST, then that's a different story.

Get the pieces you want, be patient, and you'll eventually be rewarded with what you aspire to add to your collection.
interesting, i thought being a valued customer of just 1 boutique was "the way." I guess ill contact some other boutiques in smaller markets and see if they can help me in any way!

Epic perpetual btw!!
Old 6 December 2021, 08:42 AM   #9
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmaier View Post
Where did you learn that they will offer jumbos to non jumbo owning existing customers?
That's straight from AP - to share the love, so to speak. Of course there are exceptions, but consider this to be the default position.
GS93108 is offline   Reply With Quote