The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 18 December 2021, 11:57 PM   #1
brkn
"TRF" Member

Beauty of Code 11.59 and RO Availability

Visited a boutique today. They only had Code 11.59's on display. Liked one and asked to try on. To be honest online pictures don't do the Code ANY justice. It was so much better looking in person and I'd buy it before something like the 15500st if I had the money. Also was told that the waitlist for 15500st is closed. Like really. Even if I bought the code pictured below, which was EUR48,000, they couldn't help me with the 15500st, in any color. Anyway it was a pleasant experience and we had a nice chat.

You know what the funny thing is? I've been to this AP boutique before, 4 years ago. At that time they gave me a Royal Oak pink gold white dial and gave me a 25% discount, effectively begging me to buy it lol. Back then steel Royal Oaks were available for order too.
brkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2021, 12:43 AM   #2
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
It is getting better but think the subdial numbers and dashes could be more refined and the date font looks really off with that big gap between the numbers, yes the dial just needs more refinement as a Haute piece for me.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2021, 01:53 AM   #3
www777
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brkn View Post
Visited a boutique today. They only had Code 11.59's on display. Liked one and asked to try on. To be honest online pictures don't do the Code ANY justice. It was so much better looking in person and I'd buy it before something like the 15500st if I had the money. Also was told that the waitlist for 15500st is closed. Like really. Even if I bought the code pictured below, which was EUR48,000, they couldn't help me with the 15500st, in any color. Anyway it was a pleasant experience and we had a nice chat.

You know what the funny thing is? I've been to this AP boutique before, 4 years ago. At that time they gave me a Royal Oak pink gold white dial and gave me a 25% discount, effectively begging me to buy it lol. Back then steel Royal Oaks were available for order too.
Are all the lists closed for the 15500 or just that one boutique?
www777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2021, 01:54 AM   #4
only1swami
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
It is getting better but think the subdial numbers and dashes could be more refined and the date font looks really off with that big gap between the numbers, yes the dial just needs more refinement as a Haute piece for me.
I think it's a good sign they iterated on the first generation dials. We'll continue to see refinement but I'm not sure if they can 180 the dial. Would be preferred, but I think they spent a lot of time on the custom fonts, placements, etc.

I'm sure AP corp lurks here one way or another and they see the feedback on IG, twitter, etc.

In honesty, I think people will get used to it, a few big watch influencers will wear it consistently, and it's only up from there. Kevin O'Leary is one of the collector I know bet early on this watch from day 1. '22 will be a good year for Code
only1swami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2021, 02:20 AM   #5
brkn
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by www777 View Post
Are all the lists closed for the 15500 or just that one boutique?
try an AP house and you might be able to get onto a waitlist as they get more watches.
brkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2021, 06:21 AM   #6
Images and Words
Banned

The code case is absolutely incredible. The execution of the bezel, where it sits below the sapphire and thus optically makes the dial look big and dare I say very boring/ordinary is my issue. I never liked watches with extremely thin bezels and this one is like that despite having almost two components to the bezel. One outside the crystal and one within it.
Images and Words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2021, 06:23 AM   #7
Images and Words
Banned

I’ll add that it’s a shame that the elements of the incredibly intricate case don’t optically make it to the presence of the watch on the wrist. When looking from the top you can’t even tell there is anything unique to this watch.
Images and Words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2021, 07:16 AM   #8
leisen
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Images and Words View Post
I’ll add that it’s a shame that the elements of the incredibly intricate case don’t optically make it to the presence of the watch on the wrist. When looking from the top you can’t even tell there is anything unique to this watch.
This. Exactly.
leisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2021, 01:29 PM   #9
chiscott_29
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, ALS, Omega
The reality is today, buying a Code gets you nowhere in the short term. However, I maintain that if you pull the trigger on a Code it will absolutely help you in the quest for a black/gray/silver 15500. It just might take awhile, and it’s the 50th anniversary next year so maybe availability will be expanded.

I am not recommending you buy the Code though if you don’t love it. If you want out, you’ll take a massive bath. Buy the Code because you love it, and then rest knowing you’ve got a great watch today and you’re in a good position to get a 15500 in due time.

And by the way I’m with you…the Code is exponentially better in person. My only real gripe with mine is that it’s really really hard to photograph. Like, virtually impossible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 19 December 2021, 04:03 PM   #10
S1mplee
"TRF" Member

Movement on the code is really nice. I love my code, and the only annoyance I have is it ticks wayyyy tooooooooooooooo LOUD. It CANNOT sit on my nightstand if I want to sleep.
S1mplee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2021, 09:02 PM   #11
shafran
"TRF" Member

I had the code in the picture. It was a beautiful watch. I only traded it away because I have made my collection more of watches with higher water resistance. I want my sporty watches to have the ability to be used for the sports I am involved in. It is not a pure dress watch. I had the same gripe with the Journe linesports.
shafran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2021, 12:10 AM   #12
1William
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I like it.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2021, 09:17 PM   #13
squall1
"TRF" Member

I've been loving mine...

[IMG][/IMG]