The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 14 January 2022, 02:43 AM   #31
Mendota
"TRF" Member

Watch: OP36 Blue 3-6-9
Expressed interest in the 124060 in October 2020 for my upcoming 50th birthday in April 2022. SA snail mailed me a handwritten card and a copy of the current Rolex catalog after our first email exchange.

We continued emailing and we spoke by phone. He got me an EZLink for my OP36 in April 2021. While I was picking it up and the watchmaker was installing it, my wife tried on the new OP34 and loved it.

I emailed him that evening and said I wanted to buy it for her. Paid the deposit by phone and we picked it up that next weekend.
While I was there he very seriously and intently said he would work on getting me my sub.

I visited several times during the summer/fall of 2021 to chat, pick up copies of various Rolex magazine issues, look at their pre-owned vintage pieces, and remind everyone of my continued interest in the 124060. Other SAs that chatted with me on those visits said it shouldn't be a problem to get it in time for my birthday.

I emailed after Christmas to wish him a happy new year and say that with the pending price increase, I would be very happy to pick up a sub as soon as they get one instead of trying to time it to coincide with my actual birthday date, basically reminding him that I still want it, it's for a milestone, and I gave the exact date of the milestone.

It's January 13th and nothing yet... My wife actually offered to reach out to him herself to see if he would be open to working with her as a gift to me for my birthday, just in case there's any benefit to having a female touch. She's off the charts in the WOO category and is brilliant with networking and connections.

I am planning to reach out to the other 2 ADs here locally and see if they might be open to working with me. I want to increase my odds, if possible.
Mendota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2022, 02:58 AM   #32
sleepydoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendota View Post
Expressed interest in the 124060 in October 2020 for my upcoming 50th birthday in April 2022. SA snail mailed me a handwritten card and a copy of the current Rolex catalog after our first email exchange.

We continued emailing and we spoke by phone. He got me an EZLink for my OP36 in April 2021. While I was picking it up and the watchmaker was installing it, my wife tried on the new OP34 and loved it.

I emailed him that evening and said I wanted to buy it for her. Paid the deposit by phone and we picked it up that next weekend.
While I was there he very seriously and intently said he would work on getting me my sub.

I visited several times during the summer/fall of 2021 to chat, pick up copies of various Rolex magazine issues, look at their pre-owned vintage pieces, and remind everyone of my continued interest in the 124060. Other SAs that chatted with me on those visits said it shouldn't be a problem to get it in time for my birthday.

I emailed after Christmas to wish him a happy new year and say that with the pending price increase, I would be very happy to pick up a sub as soon as they get one instead of trying to time it to coincide with my actual birthday date, basically reminding him that I still want it, it's for a milestone, and I gave the exact date of the milestone.

It's January 13th and nothing yet... My wife actually offered to reach out to him herself to see if he would be open to working with her as a gift to me for my birthday, just in case there's any benefit to having a female touch. She's off the charts in the WOO category and is brilliant with networking and connections.

I am planning to reach out to the other 2 ADs here locally and see if they might be open to working with me. I want to increase my odds, if possible.
Send your wife.
sleepydoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2022, 03:18 AM   #33
MJZRolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner 14060M
Quote:
Originally Posted by scombs263 View Post
Welcome to the club. I’m still waiting for a Daytona. Been waiting since November 2016.
I have been waiting almost 5 years for a Batman or Pepsi and still waiting. I was told that a Daytona, my first choice, would never happen.
MJZRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2022, 04:10 AM   #34
Ferdelious
2024 ROLEX SUBMARINER 41 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulk/SD4K/SeaQ/P39
9 months and counting
Old 14 January 2022, 04:58 AM   #35
Cigars&Watches
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD, CHNR, SUB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydoc View Post
send your wife.
+1
Cigars&Watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2022, 05:08 AM   #36
eijiboy
Banned

Suprise on kermit
6 weeks on daytona
7 weeks on blro oyster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
eijiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2022, 05:14 AM   #37
Furrygoat
"TRF" Member

Since 2019 for a BLRO.

I’m about to make a jewelry purchase from them for the first time in a few years, maybe that will catalyze the process.
Furrygoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2022, 05:25 AM   #38
eijiboy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furrygoat View Post
Since 2019 for a BLRO.

I’m about to make a jewelry purchase from them for the first time in a few years, maybe that will catalyze the process.

I suggest make bundle. Buy the jewelry along with the watch you want.

eijiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2022, 05:44 AM   #39
togood2betru4u
"TRF" Member

December 2020-Day date yellow gold waited 3 months

February 2021- 2 tone date just black dial (no wait AD called and offered it to me)

March 2021- 2 tone Sub blue dial (no wait AD called and offered it to me)

March 2021-2 tone lady’s date just 36mm (4 month wait)

July 2021-BLRO oyster, (bought a jubilee bracelet as well) no wait AD called and said I have a surprise)

August 2021-41mm date just blue dial Roman (5 month wait)

November 2021- BLNR oyster (no wait wife called my AD told them it was my birthday)

December 2021- Sea-dweller (2 month wait)

December 2021- OP 41mm coral red (Christmas surprise from my AD no wait)

togood2betru4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2022, 06:05 AM   #40
Slimpee
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: DJ 41; 1803; BB Ch
I have been waiting on a Tudor BB Chrono panda dial since May or June. I have some spending history but not a lot.

…for a Tudor!!!
Slimpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2022, 06:12 AM   #41
ratty
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas and Subs
I phoned the AD at about 10.15 on the day the 116500 Daytonas were released and was told that I was already second in line for a black version.

Guess what, I'm still waiting!!!
ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2022, 06:15 AM   #42
Danny83
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yellow Gold
I hope I get a meteorite GMT and Daytona been waiting…I told my AD no more Pappy for you
Danny83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2022, 08:36 AM   #43
X E L O R
"TRF" Member

BLNR (Batman) - walked in off the street 2014
AirKing - 1 week - 2016
Sub LV - 8 weeks - 2018
OP (Turquoise) - 11 weeks - 2020

X E L O R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2022, 08:41 AM   #44
Swiss Mad!
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny_Submariner View Post
Hello! I've been waiting on a Rolex GMT with the blue dial and jubilee bracelet (aka Batgirl)
I think you will be waiting a VERY long time for that watch as it doesn’t exist!

The Blue dial GMT is white gold but only comes on Oyster

The ‘batgirl’ has a black dial

instagram: max.parkin
Swiss Mad! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2022, 08:45 AM   #45
insight
Banned

I am waiting too
insight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2022, 08:54 AM   #46
SA1
"TRF" Member

I’m waiting 9 weeks now to get my watch back from RSC! Don’t send your watch in November. If you can wait until January, you may as well do it then…
SA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2022, 11:28 AM   #47
Cigars&Watches
"TRF" Member

DSSD - walk in
CHNR - 5 months
BLRO (hopefully)- wifey says it’s been 4 months I think it’s been 9
Old 14 January 2022, 11:38 AM   #48
sleepydoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigars&Watches View Post
DSSD - walk in
CHNR - 5 months
BLRO (hopefully)- wifey says it’s been 4 months I think it’s been 9
Was this all pre Covid?
Old 14 January 2022, 05:23 PM   #49
Cigars&Watches
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydoc View Post
Was this all pre Covid?
DSSD - July 2020
CHNR - JUNE 2021
BLRO - STILL WAITING
Old 14 January 2022, 07:30 PM   #50
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

If you've been waiting for a GMT with a blue dial and Jubilee bracelet it is not surprising that you haven't received it. It doesn't exist.

If you are waiting for a SS BLNR it will be variable. The important thing is to be on a real list and not forgotten. If you are confident that your AD is not just stringing you along, you are in a more favourable position than many prospective owners.

Personal experience: BLNR on Jubilee, no wait time. I was offered one from a consignment which arrived the day I visited the AD. BLRO on Oyster from the same AD took 15 months.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 01:45 AM   #51
1911 Man
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub date
I had no purchase history with my AD, but had cultivated some friendships with a few sales reps over a year or two. In July of 2020, I contacted one and expressed interest in a Sub date LN. He knew that was my grail, and told me he would get me one, but it might be a while. They released the 41mm that September, and I contacted him to let him know I liked it better than the 40mm, so I was glad I was still waiting. I knew the wait would be longer. Over the next year, I stopped by a few times to chat, let him know I was still interested.

I came into a little extra money in November of 2021, and decided to see if an unplanned purchase would help any. I have had a few Omega watches over the years (all bought used or through grey market, but all since sold off) and had taken an interest in the new white dial / black bezel SMP. I contacted my sales rep to make sure he was there that day, and went in. They had the Omega in stock, so I bought it, paying full retail. He said he hoped I wasn't buying it because I thought I had to, that he would eventually get me a Sub either way. I told him I liked the watch, but in my mind I thought "This certainly won't hurt my chances."

I might have been right. I got the call for the Sub date on December 21st. Whether I would have gotten it with or without the SMP purchase, I do not know. It doesn't matter, I really like the SMP.

But my wait time was almost 18 months
1911 Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 01:55 AM   #52
HHIslander
"TRF" Member

3 years, 11 months for a white 116500. And I had a purchase history. Minimal waits for everything else.
HHIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 02:10 AM   #53
classicalthunder
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 BLRO
Going on 13 months from my request for a no-date sub at a new AD where I don't have any purchase history yet
classicalthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 03:26 AM   #54
bogdoc
"TRF" Member

Shortest was 7 days for BLRO in 2019.
longest among Rolexes was 21 months for white Daytona- got it in 2021 (although got lots of nice pieces during those 21 months)
bogdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 09:04 AM   #55
bob sims
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny_Submariner View Post
Hello! I've been waiting on a Rolex GMT with the blue dial and jubilee bracelet (aka Batgirl) from my AD for a little more than a year. What is the longest you've all had to wait for the infamous call? Also, I know the market has been very hot for Rolexes, but is my wait time fairly normal? I've bought multiple pieces from my AD (Rolex OP, Rolex Sub w/Date, Tudor Black Bay 58, and Longines Heritage Classic Tuxedo).

Thanks in advance everyone!
DJ TT-5 minute wait while owner ran the Amex and bagged the watch-2000
OP41 Coral 21 hours 1500 miles by Fedex overnight priority after AD laughed at me-April
Attached Images
File Type: jpg datejust 36.jpg (180.0 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg op 41.jpg (167.8 KB, 87 views)
bob sims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 11:39 AM   #56
sleepydoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigars&Watches View Post
DSSD - July 2020
CHNR - JUNE 2021
BLRO - STILL WAITING
Thanks, I was curious because it also feels to me like it is somewhat harder / longer in Canada vs USA even with purchase history. Just anecdotal of course.
Old 15 January 2022, 11:42 AM   #57
Cigars&Watches
"TRF" Member

Yes I would definitely agree that’s it’s harder than the US. Someone from Canada just posted they had to spend 20k to be offered a sub.

Old 15 January 2022, 03:31 PM   #58
SS Oyster
2024 Pledge Member

Longest Wait?

Get used to waiting as Rolex hasn’t made a blue dial Batgirl yet.

SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2022, 09:13 PM   #59
plaj
"TRF" Member

3 months for a daytona ????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo26 View Post
126655 RG Yachtmaster - près de 2 ans 116519LN WG Daytona - un peu moins de 3 mois
:twit :
plaj is offline   Reply With Quote